Journalism in this country

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColinD

I honestly can't believe this trash is put out there

Licensed gun owners urged to hand in weapons over fears crime gangs are targeting homes (msn.com)

Put a link that now seems to have been removed, basically it was the Police asking for legal gun owners to surrender their weapons as some people have over 30 guns and they present a threat to the community if they are stolen by organised crime gangs. Then used in shootings like the latest one where a little girl was shot by a drug dealer.  They fail to say the Glock pistol is something no legal gun owner can have in this country

Edit link back 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not even sure it classes as shifting blame. Sound more like shifting responsibility to me.

Now I don’t have any statistics on this but I’d say there are more fatalities as a result of knife crime than gun crime currently. Fortunately though, they’ve not been round to raid the kitchen draws just yet!

You could stop most shootings and stabbing tomorrow , unfortunately we consider dangling miscreants on the end of a rope to be uncivilised . After WW2 there were more illegal firearms in this country than you could shake a stick at . In the 60’s I had uncles with let’s say ‘ war souvenirs ‘ as did a lot of my mates relatives  , every little lad  from the age of 10 up walked around with a ‘ stag handle’ sheath knife on their belt , No one got stabbed , just the odd foot wound from playing splits ! 

Journalism is about money.  Controversial subjects sell sell way more than Mum's budgie died.  The world for most people is how it's portrayed in the media.  Shooting sports are seldom if ever presented as a respectable activity - all that barbaric killing things donchano

I mean, I just absolutely revel in being covered with clay target blood - don't you?

Well I've been covered in a bit of blood of my own from a broken clay before now, darn things are fighting back don't ya know 🙂

I honestly can't believe this trash is put out there

Licensed gun owners urged to hand in weapons over fears crime gangs are targeting homes (msn.com)

Put a link that now seems to have been removed, basically it was the Police asking for legal gun owners to surrender their weapons as some people have over 30 guns and they present a threat to the community if they are stolen by organised crime gangs. Then used in shootings like the latest one where a little girl was shot by a drug dealer.  They fail to say the Glock pistol is something no legal gun owner can have in this country

Edit link back 
Funny you should mention Glock Colin. There are some in circulation actually, under section 7 I believe. Basically historic or special interest firearms. I know I guy who had one! It was one of ten I think, documented as being made for trial use by British special forces. The guy who owned it was actually a senior police officer 😂

Funny you should mention Glock Colin. There are some in circulation actually, under section 7 I believe. Basically historic or special interest firearms. I know I guy who had one! It was one of ten I think, documented as being made for trial use by British special forces. The guy who owned it was actually a senior police officer 😂
A historic collector then  🙂 😏

A historic collector then  🙂 😏
Colin you would be amazed at what stuff is classed as historic or special interest. I’ve seen quite a few Colt 1911’s in private hands, usually from ww2. Very hard to get a ticket for such guns these days though. 

I believe the actual section for historic pistols is 7.3

Am I correct in saying though , that if you are granted a certificate as a 7.3 for collection purposes , that the certificate will be conditioned that a) it is only held for collection purposes and not use of any sort , and b) you  will not be granted an ammunition holding for the weapon ? 

The only true handgun I’ve seen in recent years is a licensed slaughter man who came out to my mate’s farm . He had a magnum revolver as well as the  captive stuff , and big calibre rifle .  I think revolver had a number of the chambers blocked . 

Am I correct in saying though , that if you are granted a certificate as a 7.3 for collection purposes , that the certificate will be conditioned that a) it is only held for collection purposes and not use of any sort , and b) you  will not be granted an ammunition holding for the weapon ? 

The only true handgun I’ve seen in recent years is a licensed slaughter man who came out to my mate’s farm . He had a magnum revolver as well as the  captive stuff , and big calibre rifle .  I think revolver had a number of the chambers blocked . 
To be honest there are some very odd rules/restrictions on section 7. I’m not sure if you can keep the gun and ammo at home or whether they need to be kept at a home office approved club. As far as I’m aware they can be fired at such a club. 
A few years back I had a section 1 Taurus revolver! It had a barrel of i think about a foot. It also had an arm brace permanently fitted to it. It was in effect a carbine rifle really, but without a stock that touched the shoulder. As far as I remember,  the whole thing had to be at least two feet long. Such guns are available in .22lr up to .44 as far as I know. 
Yes anyone could remove the arm brace easily enough, but to shorten the barrel? Maybe a good pistol smith could do it. However both of those mods would have rendered it illegal and the owner would be in serious trouble!!! 

Here in germany the federal criminal police office publishes the annual crime report every year. a few years ago there was listed which crime waas done from which group.

Illegal and legal weapons where seperated, also what kind of weapon.

Now there are just "weapons". So the rate of crime done with weapons increased of course. "We have to do something about!"

The real rate of crime done with legal owned firearms is almost not existent.

Unfortunately the major incidents in this Country have all involved legally held weapons.
Which really shouldn't have been legally held in the first place imho, but that seems not to matter 

Quite correct, but I do sometimes wonder about decisions made by some Police Chiefs, especially where firearms are concerned, then IF the wheel comes off, look to blame anybody except themselves. 

I know a UK butcher who claims to legally own a Glock pistol for "business use"

He can't be the only one

Latest posts

Back