How to identify old Rizzini o/u

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notaaronhill

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller. 

I got my certificate a few months ago, but have been shooting a little while alongside my father in law. I’ve bought myself an Aselkon Inter Elegant semi auto, brilliant gun for the money!! 

but also, I have been gifted by my father in law his old Rizzini. 
It’s definitely a beater, does the job is showing it’s age. I was just wondering how I would find out what model it is? 

I have serial number, and with what I can work out with a bit of help from google, it’s a 1987 model, and possibly a “sideplate” model, going purely off the engraving. 

it’s probably not the best gun, or worth a lot, and the selector doesn’t work, but I was thinking of maybe repairing it, restoring it maybe and surprising him with it as it was his first gun… 

I’ve attached a few photos, any help at all would be greatly received! 
thanks in advance!! 

AFDD5234-8356-4B75-90DA-3021B3FFA3E1.jpeg

8D222915-255B-4576-9993-F8049DC85990.jpeg

29E1C8D0-B7E2-4438-A73C-5394A9E72220.jpeg

03222CF3-1BC5-44F8-AEEC-8B8E4DC7E032.jpeg

1955A4DA-D166-40EE-AE9B-D59FAA1C83B9.jpeg

3D454E26-AE18-4BD7-8191-95BD6A768801.jpeg

It's a Rizzini E.I have a later model which I use as a spare gun.however I shoot well with it.Mine is a multichoke.as yours is but i have internal chokes.(i am on the lookout for some if anyone has any that read this)They are very robust guns and certainly do the job.Might be worth looking into the barrel selector,maybe get it serviced it will last for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes there were several Rizzini gunmakers. I  don’t remember much about them to be honest. I do remember one of them made very cheap guns and their reputation was not too clever. But hopefully you have a good one. Good luck with it. 👍

Thanks for the info so far, have searched for E Rizzini sideplate, and looos like that’s the one.

it’s held up in the 30+ years my FIL had it, hasn’t used it for about 5 years or so, but we took it out last week and shot great.

now on the hunt for spares, or even just a schematic/exploded diagram.
I took it into the shop I bought my semi from, and asked him to take a look, he said it would be a very uneconomical repair, and to just use as is, until it stops working completely.. 

just seems a bit of a shame really.

Thanks for the info so far, have searched for E Rizzini sideplate, and looos like that’s the one.

it’s held up in the 30+ years my FIL had it, hasn’t used it for about 5 years or so, but we took it out last week and shot great.

now on the hunt for spares, or even just a schematic/exploded diagram.
I took it into the shop I bought my semi from, and asked him to take a look, he said it would be a very uneconomical repair, and to just use as is, until it stops working completely.. 

just seems a bit of a shame really.
Ok uneconomical to repair, fair enough. But!!!  Over the years I’ve known quite a few guys spend fortunes on old guns that are past economical repair, often just because they happen to like the gun or sometimes because it was inherited from a relative or a friend. 
I’m not sure I can just look at guns, or cars maybe in the purely economic light. 

If he's not had it serviced regularly (or at all) you might be surprised by how it comes back. It looks like a plain bit of timber but even at that having the dents and scratches steamed out then a nice oil finish done would make it look like new. It all depends on how much you're willing to put it to it.

I'm a sentimentalist though so I have a habit of diving into projects.

Latest posts

Back