Mendip Shooting Ground

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les53

Toying with the idea of taking a trip up to Mendip Shooting Ground. They seem to shoot a variety of disciplines incl ABT and are open more days than one of my old haunts, Brook Bank. 
So, anyone shot at Mendip? Is it good, bad or what? 

Toying with the idea of taking a trip up to Mendip Shooting Ground. They seem to shoot a variety of disciplines incl ABT and are open more days than one of my old haunts, Brook Bank. 
Was a few years ago and only the once but yes been to said place, from memory a gun shop on site and a separate clubhouse that served a very good tea and comprehensive menu, ample parking and very well looked after ground, it’s a bit of a trek for I hence just the once 

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a few years ago and only the once but yes been to said place, from memory a gun shop on site and a separate clubhouse that served a very good tea and comprehensive menu, ample parking and very well looked after ground, it’s a bit of a trek for I hence just the once 
Bit of a trek for me too, over an hour. But they have trap layouts and open mid week too, so might venture up north when it gets warmer. 😂

Think you've got to use their cartridges due to noise restrictions, now owned by Avalon guns I believe, good gun shop though 👍
Cheers mate. Well if the shells don’t cost a bomb and they break targets, happy days! 😂

Mendip SG is a great ground and well worth a trip. Excellent sporting layout with a good high tower, plus a variety of other disciplines
Vernon and his family look after you well with a decent clubhouse and there’s an Avalon guns outlet on site, but yes you do have to use their shells (Lyavale I think)

Mendip is a great shooting ground with lots of different targets. Very friendly staff who are always happy to help.

The only downside is that you have to use their own cartridges and they are not the best shells!

Latest posts

Back