Beretta 694 ACS

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBL

Anyone own or tried one?

I can't get my head around if it's a good thing to have a movable rib or not. Positively you can adjust to how you prefer the shot pattern but once done, is that it?

Do people move the rib depending on the discipline they are shooting or just leave it alone and bang away as if it's fixed.

What's your thoughts or experiences?

I don't have one but I would think that if you're spending the extra then you must be planning on moving it between disciplines.

I don't get that though. I would have thought you would want a consistent sight picture every time you shoot or you'll spend a few shots re-learning.

As a thought exercise (as I have no experience with adjustable ribs) I would assume the option to adjust is used until you have the sight picture that works for you, and then leave it be until adjustment is required. Same as is best with adjustable combs and stocks (with which I have plenty of experience). Changing the sight picture between disciplines would catch me off guard, but then I hardly ever shoot trap, for which I think the high ribs and adjustable ones are devised. I certainly don't adjust comb settings between disciplines, which could arguably alter shot placement by as much or more.

I have got one on my trap gun.I would say the main advantage is that if your gun fits and POA is to your liking you can tweak your shot pattern from 90/10 to something like 50/50 very easily. However I have set it once and leave it alone and just can't see the point in continually trying to tweek it once you have set it.

Oh by the way The 694 ACS is a lovely gun, I really fancy one myself

Latest posts

Back