Cartridges , value for money versus cost

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

Well, every day it seems cartridge prices go up .

Sp where can we get value for money ?

It certainly seems Fiocchi are trying to monopolise the market .

But what are the alternatives ?

RC manufacture brilliant cartridges and I have always enjoyed Clever  products and when we consider that the difference is usually £10 per thousand difference  why are they so hard to find?

you have answered your own question at this point in time best value is Fiocchi which is why we stock and sell them.

Next month or the month after that who knows.

I used Clever up to about  18 months ago when the supplier said they wont be stocking them anymore 

The reason for this was, although the T1 super target sold well the high end, pro extra, bol d'or did not because of high cost therefore they hung around for ages taking up valuable space, the supplier had to buy a certain amount of the high end cartridges from the manufacture in order to buy a pallet of T1's 

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like Eley cartridges. Kibworth have their own cartridges made by them, Rose Golds. Haven't bought any for a few months, but they were £240 a thousand last time I got some. I don't mind Eley Selects either and they are usually fairly competitively priced.

This weekend I shot my favourite Olympic Blues 7.5 2 boxes , and Fiocchi 26 gm Litespeed 8 , 2 boxes .  I prefer the Oly blues, used them for years  , but the current price of Oly Blues in plastic is £249 , and I paid £215 for the Litespeed . There is a fiver premium for Fibre on the Fiocchi a tenner on the Eley  . Nowadays I’m only shooting club and fun , so the £34 - £39  per 1000 is quite a compelling saving when I’m not having any less fun . 

I purchased Fiochi Fblu not 3 weeks ago and got them at a rate of £218 a thousand for plastic wads.

I can honestly say that as a cartridge you wouldn't be able to find any better value elsewhere 

I purchased Fiochi Fblu not 3 weeks ago and got them at a rate of £218 a thousand for plastic wads.

I can honestly say that as a cartridge you wouldn't be able to find any better value elsewhere 
Spot on. Simply superb cartridge.  

Jasper

That seems an excellent price, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get them ?

Remember  when joker came on the market as a budget brand. Cheap and cheerful . I broke lots of clays at reg level with em. Now costing more than my go to fblus. No value there. 

Jasper. 

I must say the F-Blu and Black were one of the best shells I have used but very difficult to get hold of in my neck of the woods and now Eley are easliy available locally, I am very very happy to use them.

Are F-Blu as loud and thumpy as F-Black? I find the problem with cheaper shells is that they can feel a little abrupt.

Are F-Blu as loud and thumpy as F-Black? I find the problem with cheaper shells is that they can feel a little abrupt.
I think generally they are both a little bit thumpier and slightly dirty, the noise I think can be weather/ground dependent but I have found you can get used to it, both perform very well at a sensible price in my experience

Was shooting official sporting and fblus this week. Really no difference. I find the fblu smooth through dt11.

Quite honestly no other cartridge is required.  The price is a bonus. 

Come up clean as a whistle  too. 

Jasper

I think generally they are both a little bit thumpier and slightly dirty, the noise I think can be weather/ground dependent but I have found you can get used to it, both perform very well at a sensible price in my experience
Thanks. It’s all a matter of degree. I love how Hull Sporting 100 are smooth and quiet (albeit not a budget shell) but I’m not totally convinced on performance, so won’t buy more as I need every kill I can get! Equally F-Blacks distracted me with their noise and thump, so not good for performance. It’s all about finding that cartridge that you feel is the best compromise. Half the targets on a normal ESP course could be shot with any old shell, but my mind struggles with more than one cartridge type at a shoot. 

Was shooting official sporting and fblus this week. Really no difference. I find the fblu smooth through dt11.

Quite honestly no other cartridge is required.  The price is a bonus. 

Come up clean as a whistle  too. 

Jasper
I’ll have to grab / swap a couple out of your bag next time I see you. You keep beating me so that must be the reason. 😀

Not a problem with recoil/noise through my gun CG Invictus. Again the gun comes up clean without too much effort after a few sprays of Phillips gun cleaner.

Latest posts

Back