Lenses for red/green colour blindness

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the Ishihara test I am red/green colour blind. I have found that the best colour (for me) is a dark vermillion. In fact, I use nothing else now.

According to the Ishihara test I am red/green colour blind. I have found that the best colour (for me) is a dark vermillion. In fact, I use nothing else now.
Yes, the vermillion and deep raspberry reds have been the best bet up til now, the notch filters in these new lenses take it up a few steps 🔥

I just KNEW it was the notch filters, bless them. I’m shooting notchless and it’s not going well. 
😂😂😂😂

Had this discussion at length on another thread, but larger shot tends to make a smaller diameter pattern. Bigger pellets deform less, bang into each other less, are less affected by wind resistance. People usually choose large shot size (like 7) for more distant targets. If the pattern did spread the same as 9s the gaps between pellets at range would be huge. Remember you have far fewer pellets with bigger sizes. 

So, Phil my hubby is colour blind and really struggles with pink, blaze and green clays, especially green on green background.  After watching this video I contacted Roy to ask if they really were that good.  Subsequently Phil got the lenses delivered and they arrived Saturday with a 30 day refund if not suitable.  We went to Owls today and played around with these coloured clays and it was amazing.  Phil could see all the clays all the way and was not having to “look” and search for them.  Needless to say he’s keeping them and the old lenses are on FB marketplace if anyones interested!

Something I struggle with is orange targets and especially on a green backdrop! This is something for me to look in to I was hoping to try 47cihc but this has blown that idea haha

Something I struggle with is orange targets and especially on a green backdrop! This is something for me to look in to I was hoping to try 47cihc but this has blown that idea haha
Honestly, give them a try.  Phil has tried every colour combination in the book and these are the only ones that actually work. We brought them on a 30 day return if they didn’t work but as I said, the others now sold!  Not sure if your anywhere near Southdown but we will be there bank hol Monday if you want to look. 

Honestly, give them a try.  Phil has tried every colour combination in the book and these are the only ones that actually work. We brought them on a 30 day return if they didn’t work but as I said, the others now sold!  Not sure if your anywhere near Southdown but we will be there bank hol Monday if you want to look. 
Thank you very much for the offer its greatly appreciated but I’m a bit far away in Northern Ireland . I have only just bought x7 frames its sadly out of my reach to try and change everything to x6 right now

As one - of the two problem colours (red) -  vermillion, (redish) helps,  is it reasonable to think that a green lense would also help?

Back