DT10 Bit long in the tooth?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom b

So I’ve got the chance of a very clean dt10L for sensible money, the action is still relatively tight and the action and wood work are very tidy. It’s a very considerable saving over a dt11.

what do people think of the guns as a rule?

cheers

Tom

no real personal experience but people i know, who know a bit about guns rate them very highly, probably more than the DT11

I'd agree with Charliedog,  in fact I picked a very clean and tidy DT10 skeet up last month !

In my other thread I just had an adjustable comb fitted 

Great guns, and the L is particularly nice. I’ve been shooting this such gun for the last few months whilst switching to my new gun. I used to regularly shoot the DT11. Check the threads on the chokes are all good. I personally prefer the later DT11’s (2016 onwards) but if comparing to the first DT11’s I’d go for the DT10. Not a lot in it, it’s what suits you best and more importantly of it fits you. You can learn to shoot any gun, it’s just how well you can shoot it. It also depends on how much the guy wants for it as well. Good luck and keep us updated, also photos would be nice 😉

It’s £3800 so less than half of the new dt11 I was looking at,it has all it original bits including spares etc, also far prettier than the 11.

fits me perfectly, I’ve been struggling with recoil on my mk38 and this gun has none of the same problems.

5BA65300-FEA1-48E7-AC4D-AF48B26A9368.jpeg

CE00AB39-B6E4-42E3-8A90-5A170B1768E1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks in good condition, pretty strong money, but still ball park. Personally I’d go and try a DT11 first if you can just to compare as for not much more money you could have the DT11 with optima HP chokes etc.. if it was nearer to £3k I’d be more tempted. 
your call mate if you’re shooting well with it and you like it go for it, life’s too short 😉 

Being an L I dont think the moneys too strong (could be wrong) I’ve tried a couple of 11’s but the only way I can describe it is they feel a bit dead in the hands?

Had a standard dt10 a while ago and shot well with it but unfortunately the stock split so got rid as a bit of a knee jerk but wish I’d kept it.

Being an L I do t think the moneys too strong (could be wrong) I’ve tried a couple of 11’s but the only way I can describe it is they feel a bit dead in the hands?

had a standard dt10 a while ago and shot well with it but unfortunately the stock split so got rid as a bit of a knee jerk but wish I’d kept it.
I looked at buying the DT10L to use until my new gun arrived. Was offered between £2750 and £3K on PX against my new gun when it arrived. So decided against it at that time. Regarding the DT11 feeling dead, as I mentioned earlier it has to be a later model otherwise they’re pretty numb in the hands. Later ones move so much better. Sounds like you’re almost ready to buy the DT10L offer £3.5k should wipe its face at that private selling if you want to move it on as well. 

The price is very reasonable for what looks like a tidy looking DT10L especially as  good standard DT10s will be £3k plus and  very good ones are going for £3.5k. 

Don’t look a gift horse etc. They are  4 to 5 grand plus on guntrader and probably one of the best guns Beretta ever made!

Don’t look a gift horse etc. They are  4 to 5 grand plus on guntrader and probably one of the best guns Beretta ever made!
Problem is nobody wants them. Spoke with a few dealers only. A few months ago all stated that as good as they are nobody wants them and they can sit on the selves for a long time before they sell. As mentioned the PX value was £3K. Read into that what you will. Pick up the phone and make some calls. Just because people are advertising at £4K doesn’t mean they’ll get it especially when you can get a DT11 for the same money. By all means buy it just have your eyes open. Personally I’d be looking to sweeten the deal a bit on the price. Good luck 😉

Problem is nobody wants them. Spoke with a few dealers only. A few months ago all stated that as good as they are nobody wants them and they can sit on the selves for a long time before they sell. As mentioned the PX value was £3K. Read into that what you will. Pick up the phone and make some calls. Just because people are advertising at £4K doesn’t mean they’ll get it especially when you can get a DT11 for the same money. By all means buy it just have your eyes open. Personally I’d be looking to sweeten the deal a bit on the price. Good luck 😉
True it’s a buyer’s market at the moment with all the talk about steel shot and the general economic climate running prices down and the price is what people are willing to pay. I don’t think it’s DT10Ls that are slow to sell I think it’s all second hand guns. Perhaps the market will pick up - who knows. 

True it’s a buyer’s market at the moment with all the talk about steel shot and the general economic climate running prices down and the price is what people are willing to pay. I don’t think it’s DT10Ls that are slow to sell I think it’s all second hand guns. Perhaps the market will pick up - who knows. 

I think also many buyers don’t see the value in buying the L over the standard gun to be fair. The attitude is it’s the same gun but with nice wood and some engraving. Same with the DT11, plain one will shoot exactly the same as the EELL it just doesn’t look as good. Also consider the age now of the DT10L, 15 years old? Or more? If it hasn’t been serviced it really should get one especially if you’re shooting comps.  Money is still being thrown around currently but for how long who knows. I think the winter will see things pan out one way or the other. I try not to think about it now otherwise it would just spoil my shooting. Plus I hear enough of the old uns moaning about cartridge prices as it is 😂 

I had a quick look at one recently but in the end passed as it was not fleur-de-lys. It was Ok for standard steel but not HP steel. I can't remember the chamber length either and for steel 3 inches maybe essential. using HP steel may or may not be a factor for you but its one of the reasons some of these guns (and others pre 2000) are dropping in price.

The drop at comb & heel was also more than the recent Berettas though that's a fit issue.

I would also check the top bolt and make sure its not due a trip to a the smiths for a new one at another £300. If it stills sits out the side of the receiver a little when closed that's a good sign.

That engine turning looks in good nick but I would like to know why there is scoring from the receiver. Not that that would worry me too much.

A few bargains abut but not many as we are lead to believe.  

The funny thing is to me the steel shot thing is a marketing man's dream to sell new guns .

No one will shoot HP steel at Clay targets. Just as currently no one can use > 28g 6's  in lead shot.   The biggest shot anyone will ever need is standard steel 28g 5's most will a use 6 or 7s. All of which you can shoot through any existing clay gun. (CIP regulations).

Advice is to use max 1/2 choke. Not a problem in multichoke guns.  A fixed choke can easily be opened up yo 1/2 if desired because you want to be cautious with reducing the risk of barrel bulging at the choke,  or maybe to open up the pattern a bit as it's reported be the equivalent of full for lead. 

I appreciate digressing a bit but a chap recently gave me some gamebore white gold 24g 7.5 pro steel to try on clays and they were well up to the job if we ever get pushed down that road

So I’ve got the chance of a very clean dt10L for sensible money, the action is still relatively tight and the action and wood work are very tidy. It’s a very considerable saving over a dt11.

what do people think of the guns as a rule?

cheers

Tom
If you like the way it shoots for you then go for it. The later DT11s v DT10 scenario is a bit like CG Invictus v CG earlier range. A few marginal differences and buzzwords to please the marketing department but virtually no functional differences and operationally indistinguishable.

If you like the way it shoots for you then go for it. The later DT11s v DT10 scenario is a bit like CG Invictus v CG earlier range. A few marginal differences and buzzwords to please the marketing department but virtually no functional differences and operationally indistinguishable.
I’ve jumped between DT10 & DT11 on the same shoot and sometimes on the same stand. For me, and it may be more down to familiarity but I connect better with the later DT11’s. Everyone’s different though. So if you shoot well with it change nothing. 

Latest posts

Back