Starshot at Owls Lodge Shooting School

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

Some video of me shooting Starshot at Owls yesterday, Missed 1 & 4 for an 83 ex 88.

Aim of the game is shoot the clay in the correct segment. Start on 1, shoot to 12 in order then finish on a simo pair thrown up the middle segments. Points are awarded for the segment numbers ie 1 point for 1, 2 for 2 etc up to 12 then the pair are worth 5 each bird for a perfect score of 88 points. 

Great fun and so addictive. See where you can have a go here http://www.starshot1.co.uk/eventsdiary.html  notable venues are the CLA game fair and the british open sporting at Hepworth Hall.

Video here, best watched in 1080p or the highest definition you have :)  http://youtu.be/7CMuH6lfls4

Nice one Fuz. Starshot's owner, John Bridges, has invited me to shoot this in August at the Cheshire event. Looks the dog's danglies and I'm really looking forward to it.

Great fun :) you have to adopt the bent over style and the canted gun, it means you can see the clay easier without the barrels being in the way :) looks a bit stupid but it really does the job. 

Bren, John is really helpful if you haven't shot it before and is always free with the tips and advice. Top bloke :)

you have to adopt the bent over style and the canted gun, it means you can see the clay easier without the barrels being in the way :)

That's what I meant fuz good technique

Cheers Fuz. I shoot with John and his son, Josh, quite regularly and he intimated that towards the end of the shoot, if you want to get the top score of 88, that you have to "ambush" the clays - literally, see-clay-BANG!

I should imagine I'm in for a cosy 20-odd when I shoot it :D

yep, 9,10,11,12 and the first bird of the pair hold on the wire that goes round about a foot under the top of the segment, eyes on the top of the red trap screen and as soon as you see the flash of the clay pull the trigger :D  

Agree with Fuz's tactic, I always found on the 9 - 12 shots that it worked if you pointed at the tie bar, took your eyes away from the gun to look at where the clay comes out then as soon as anything moves (even a buttefly farts kind of move) squeeze the trigger, if the ref sees your gun move you've missed, great fun and VERY addictive. used to shoot it waaay back in the dim and distant past, It's coming to Oakedge soon - will deffo be up for that. :hunter:   :hunter:

Think im the only one who has shot this with a technique that doesnt look like it is going to massacre your lower spine..!

Latest posts

Back