Stocks

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter

I wondered what stocks people are using and for what disciplines?

I've just picked up a fresh Dt10 skeet so manufacturer's at the moment but looking at various aftermarket, TSK, Goodshoot and Ergosign

For skeet I wouldn’t trade anything for my Ergosign grip. I shoot pretty much everything else with it well enough, but then I’m not looking to take anyone’s crown in sporting or parcours. I much prefer the Ergosign over the TSK, mostly for the grip. Haven’t had a “Goodshoot” so couldn’t comment on those. 

I wondered what stocks people are using and for what disciplines?

I've just picked up a fresh Dt10 skeet so manufacturer's at the moment but looking at various aftermarket, TSK, Goodshoot and Ergosign
A custom stock for both trap and skeet. I make no alterations to it between the disciplines. Before this I used an Ergosign which was good. Having seen and shot with both the Ergosign is, in my view, slightly better than the TSK.

Last edited by a moderator:
I´ve got Ergosign stocks with custom made grip on both of my Blaser F3s. One is for Trap and the other is for sporting

I have a Precision Fit Stock on my trap gun and a tsk on my sporter. Both are good, but you can get in trouble if you are not confident in fitting a gun to yourself. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve had adjustable stocks, now back to bog standard woodwork. Adjustable stocks are a fiddlers delight. 
I’ve seen guys shoot 50 straight at ABT, next round they hit 23x25, so out comes the tool kit, adjust the stock, change the chokes! 😂 Crazy! It’s not the stock, it’s the bloke holding it that is at fault. 

I’ve had adjustable stocks, now back to bog standard woodwork. Adjustable stocks are a fiddlers delight. 
I’ve seen guys shoot 50 straight at ABT, next round they hit 23x25, so out comes the tool kit, adjust the stock, change the chokes! 😂 Crazy! It’s not the stock, it’s the bloke holding it that is at fault. 
Absolutely,  I come from a smallbore rifle background so well used to adj butt hooks , I'm not one for fiddling after it's set unless it's to compensate for firing point or target height on different ranges.

I love having an adjustable comb on my stocks. Once it's set I don't change it, unless I lose or put on weight.  Then it's invaluable.

I'm picking up my gun today from the gunsmith, where it has had a custom stock made for it.  Still has an adjustable comb. I can't wait to get it back, been shooting a semi-auto for 8 weeks and I've not been enjoying it much.

Latest posts

Back