Technical targets

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a term that annoys the hell out of me, a clay is a clay thrown from a trap, how can that be technical? Complete BS 😡

I would also add to this.

A technical pair for me is a pair of targets thrown in a way which requires optimal method application. With particular focus on hold points, gun speed, where your eyes need to be and what you should do at the transition phase between targets all being critical.

For example a standard crosser can be shot any which way (method-wise) but if thrown as the second part of a pair it could be the case that you’re forced into a certain acquisition point, gun speed, method and kill point. Therefore if you’re unable to kill the first bird in the appropriate way, you’ll be at a disadvantage on the second and potentially miss.

Concordantly if you execute both with “technical excellence” then both could seem relatively straightforward and repeatable.

Good target setters can do that to you, and as many have said it’s quite different to simply being a hard to hit target. 

I’m sure @k80ben could summarise much more eloquently than I can however. 

Latest posts

Back