Amber Hill.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westley

Has anyone watched the ISSF Skeet finals  2022.  Amber Hill was the epitome of coolness under pressure. I will not elaborate and spoil it for you, but search ISSF Skeet on YouTube.  She makes a mockery of some of those Trappies that cry 'baulk' if a cow f***s in the next field  !   A credit to our sport.

I watched it too, Amber is still young compared to the other shooters, a joy to watch.

Very impressive under a lot of pressure.

That said, not good publicity for Beretta, whatever the issue with the gun.

Steve.

I was surprised that there wasn't a 'spare' gun available.  Also surprised that she was allowed to continue with a malfunctioning gun. 

I was surprised that there wasn't a 'spare' gun available.  Also surprised that she was allowed to continue with a malfunctioning gun. 
Why  ?    The gun functioned perfectly until AFTER firing. It was safe then anyway, regardless of how she opened it.

second malfunction, it wouldnt fire so the gun was still loaded, but congratulations to her for not letting her concentration lapse and another silver medal and becoming our best international shooter

Any idea what was causing the malfunctions on her gun?
Yes. Probably  nothing a bit of grease wouldn't have fixed. 

Good gun awareness,  especially when it failed to fire.  

To be fair It's one of those things that would probably affect the other competitors as much  as they are not in control of the situation. 

I've had a gun (not a popular make)  that would  fail to fire at least once in a round of 25 or wouldn't fire the second barrel. Seemes to upset others more than myself.

One last observation. Look how much the gun dipps when it doesn't go off. Bet she nearly pulled the trigger off it's hinge.  Shows how much trigger pulls matter. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, the refs looked like they didn't have much of a clue about gun safety.  Impressed that the malfunction didn't seem to faze Amber much, if at all. Nothing whacking the top lever with a screwdriver won't sort out. She'll make a decent engineer after all!!

I was thinking ........Gunsmith   !   🤣

With regards to the fault, I have seen it on the 686/7's  and it is usually the 2 top lugs sticking. Bit of grease and job done. I don't know if she was shooting a DT model, it has a different top bolt assembly.

having watched the shoot , very impressed with ambers concentration  and safety awareness    under tough conditions     congratulations  amber hill !!    

if a malfunctioning gun took the prize it dont say much for the other makes there.even when beretta not at their best they still better

Latest posts

Back