24g v 28g prices

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulligan

I recently tried to buy some fblu 28g cartridges at £235 per thousand, they had none in stock but did have 24g fblu in, these were priced at £233 per thousand. This didn't seem much of a reduction for 4kg less lead. Scrap lead is currently circa £1 per kg, and I presume there is a cost for turning it into shot so I would expect a larger price difference between the two.

Am I wrong to assume this or is this another example of profiteering ?

Another factor can be age of stock, with some being pre price rise. But let’s go with the profiteering as the most likely explanation.

No, you are not wrong. Wait until the price of lead goes up half a percent then see the effect it has on the price of cartridges

They were definitely not old stock as they had just been delivered.

I was surprised that the total cost of lead in a thousand cartridges was only around £28, the rest of the bits must be Hellishly expensive !

I recently tried to buy some fblu 28g cartridges at £235 per thousand, they had none in stock but did have 24g fblu in, these were priced at £233 per thousand. This didn't seem much of a reduction for 4kg less lead. Scrap lead is currently circa £1 per kg, and I presume there is a cost for turning it into shot so I would expect a larger price difference between the two.

Am I wrong to assume this or is this another example of profiteering ?
If you don’t like the prices your cartridge supplier gives you then vote with your feet and go elsewhere. Clark’s of `Walsham and Oxford Gun Co both have excellent cartridge pricing at present. 

I see the price of a Beretta 694 has just risen about £400
Glad I bought mine 4 months ago😀

Latest posts

Back