A1 shooting ground.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it was pressure from housing development in the area? Is that noise pressure? Or does that read had an offer they can’t refuse, not sure.

When I started in 2005 I shot their ESP registereds for a couple of years which was a small event on a Saturday morning, so fond memories of finding my feet as a beginner there.  Being Italian owned you could always get a great coffee. They never understood (or loved) Sporting, so It was a missed opportunity for sporting events there, but Claudio did some great Trap and Helice stuff. Never nice to see another ground close. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot my first registered there.  And a couple of days of helice there as well.  Was a nice friendly ground, location was always likely to be a challenge. 

Yes noise complaints from the new developments. In a couple of years they will probably get an offer on the land…..

Since the pandemic a big proportion of city dwellers have up sticks & moved to villages in various parts of the country & instead of trying to fit into country living they don’t seem to respect our hobby & it’s drawbacks which is noise & will not think twice about trying to shutdown shooting clubs.

I live in the Lake District and when I started shooting in the 1980's most villages used to have a couple of traps and put small shoots on for the locals. I think there is just one left now, mostly due to off comers buying property 🤕

The more I see of it now,villages in the countryside are just extensified housing estates for town dwellers.Every farmstead ,garth and business property is built on or developed ,usually looking as authentic as the Emmerdale set!!!!

Latest posts

Back