Getting back into it

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've still shot Pigeons, crows and Game so cost of cartridges hasn't surprised me, but the increase in Registered comp fees (£25 to £40ish) and even practise clays (0.20p to 0.35pish). Should say that the Essex and Jack Pyke Entry fees are more, but equally the prizes and share amongst classes is also greater.

The other thing for me that I've noticed is that despite living in a once thriving area of Haybalers and regular registered comps is learning that a number of the clay grounds in my area have either closed and/or aren't do many if any regular Registered Shoots. Used to be the case of two on a Saturday, two or three on a Sunday or at least some Haybalers (YFG, Local clubs etc.). Two big local CPSA Premier Grounds, both recently held British/English Comps and yet don't appear to do many Reg Shoots.

The two Reg Comps I've entered so far have been 2.5 to 3hrs away for me in the SW as nothing was on locally so went and joined friends at their grounds. I don't mind the travel to be honest, and it was nice to shoot grounds I've not shot before.

From a Target point of view, I would say that there are definitely more technical layouts now. A lot of close stuff, easy to hit, but oh so easy to miss at the same time and ruin a card. And whilst it'll take me time to get back to the standard I was, I'll enjoy every shoot I attend and learn from it what I can as I go. Not looking to set the world alight and be a world champion, but just to get back at a comfortable and enjoyable level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back