75k!!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Spavo

I know many of the hard hearted on here who genuinely don't give a toss about this sort of thing will close the page about now but, please, I ask you just to read on just a little bit, even if you have no intention of giving...

Thanks to the half a dozen or so people on here who supported me on my charity walk,... I made it... But some didn't 😟... One double stress fracture, one skin graft required, and a LOT of not very pretty feet, heavily blistered, taped, strapped, and bleeding!!

At present, from trying to raise 10k for both www.andysmanclub.com and The Samaritans, we so far sit just under the 76k mark which is incredible, although sadly male mental health is still a huge issue, enough so that one of the coordinators who runs a group took his own life a few months ago. 

If any of you can please give a little to help these wonderful charities, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, then please think about spreading the word of Andys Man Club if you know anyone struggling as I've spoke directly to blokes who have been pulled back from the edge simply because they had that avenue to talk to people safely, securely, and without prejudice.

On our walk, we had people talking to us, asking what we were doing, then simply sticking their hands in their pockets once we'd told them, with us just literally doing that, no chugging or making it sound dramatic (I was randomly given £2.10 cos that's what the fella had!).. The wonderfully generous people of Northern England... Great bunch of lads! 😄

Anyway, I hope none of you need to use AMC, but if you do then know its the most welcoming place you'll find. 👍🏻... Sounds like a cult,  but it's just blokes sharing their worries and making themselves strong enough to take on the world again. 😊

We'd now like to get to 92k to match the mileage we walked and broke ourselves. If you can help, a lot of people would be very grateful and you could stop someone becoming a statistic. 

Thanks

I know many of the hard hearted on here who genuinely don't give a toss about this sort of thing will close the page about now but, please, I ask you just to read on just a little bit, even if you have no intention of giving...
I’m not sure this approach will win you a great deal of support. I’ve always found clay shooters to be the most generous of folk.

Don’t forget the nations facing the worst cost of living crisis for decades and for some, every penny counts at the moment. It’s not that they won’t donate, they perhaps can’t afford to.

The best of luck with your appeal though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure this approach will win you a great deal of support. I’ve always found clay shooters to be the most generous of folk.

Don’t forget the nations facing the worst cost of living crisis for decades and for some, every penny counts at the moment. It’s not that they won’t donate, they perhaps can’t afford to.

The best of luck with your appeal though.
For that first line, I was more going for the 'please read this for the sake of being aware of the charity' because it might save the life of someone you love who might not know it exists seeing as it's not given out by the NHS or other agencies as s support group, as was my case, rather than I/they want your money.

Honestly, my experiences of altruistic generosity on the whole differ to yours, and as such I'm not really expecting anyone to give anything from here now, I'd rather people be aware of the groups out there who give support because you might just find they're more useful than you think... the generous people who have given off of here already seem to have a part knowledge of Andy's Man Club and the work of The Samaritans and similar types of organisations already, and that's a more driving factor.

For balance, I'm not sure the worst cost of living case can really be applied too heavily on this specific forum bearing in mind how much shooting costs and that it's absolutely, 100% a massively luxury sport. If every penny counted, we wouldn't be talking about what choke should I buy or savings on 10,000 cartridges.... those who can't afford it, probably have stopped already or are the process 😕

Thank you for your support though, and if you know anyone in trouble, please direct them to AMC... it's not as big as Cancer Research, British Heart Foundation, or 100 other good charities, but it truly is a wonderful cause that saves people from their darkest hour, something I've seen first hand and is truly inspiring to behold when you hear the ever expanding circles of hope it give to families all over the UK. :)

(genuinely a massive thank you to the handful of people who did give financially off of here though, I really appreciated it and the kind words alongside them, thank you a thousand times for your support💖)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back