English Open week.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shooting this on Saturday, 3 hour drive but I know its going to be worth it, best ground in the country IMO 

Tomorrow for me, weathers looking ok, probably wont need to make myself available for a return on Sunday

I always find the targets quite tough at High Lodge so I am not expecting anything different this time. It’s a sort of masochistic approach to my day with an 8 hour round trip thrown in! Unfortunately a night stop wasn’t an option…

Anyone going this time or is High Lodge just too far away for us of the Sunday registered mob?
Is is a bit far for me, especially given the lack of sensible nearby hotels that would soften the blow. I don’t want a 7 hour same day round trip for a shoot. It sold out very quickly while I was dithering. 

I live relatively closely and its still an arse to get to, shot the course today, very enjoyable, no eyesight tests, all targets appear very hittable and no trick stand to catch you out, dont be too complacent on stand 1 though, looks a certain straight but scored poorly. Very well organised and got round in 2 1/2 hours

Saturday for me, 3 1/2 hrs drive each way, hopefully going to be worth it.
Shot the English yesterday, good course. Very technical with plenty of stuff to catch you out, nothing atbsilly distances or that you couldn't see. Just miss read far too many targets, shot well in patches but when the wheels came, they came off big style, didn't do it justice.

Driving the 3 1/2 hrs then shooting was a bad idea, didn't feel sharp enough and it showed. Lesson learned, next time its more than a 2 hr drive stop over night before. Digweeds 116 is a very good score.

Shot the English yesterday, good course. Very technical with plenty of stuff to catch you out, nothing atbsilly distances or that you couldn't see. Just miss read far too many targets, shot well in patches but when the wheels came, they came off big style, didn't do it justice.

Driving the 3 1/2 hrs then shooting was a bad idea, didn't feel sharp enough and it showed. Lesson learned, next time its more than a 2 hr drive stop over night before. Digweeds 116 is a very good score.
Thought very much the same but I did stay over the night before, didn’t do me a lot of good though. Missing all 4 incomers on stand 1 wasn’t the best start in the world. 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back