Midas Vs Teague

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andilicious

Morning 

Has anyone patterned comparative chokes in these 2 options? 
Wondering if there is any discernible difference before I spend another £300+

Cheers

Andy

My take on this is that you’ll spend that three hundred to only there-after wonder for evermore if there isn’t a five hundred option that will solve a non-existent problem. 

No 90+ shooter I know has ever stated he couldn’t shoot if it weren’t for the magic of his chokes. That’s my 2cents, it’s your 300 quid 😄

I've shot normal invector plus, midas, briley, carlson, teagues, optima hp, invector ds. All have done exactly the same job at the target, just been a difference in weight and appearance. Don't get tricked into thinking one breaks targets better than another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't comment on browning chokes,  but I have  a Cesar geurini summit ascent and the chokes that are with it absolutely smokes clays, for example the light mod seems to hit as hard at 40 yards as 20 yards. Really does powder them. 

you trust your maker of your chosen gun to give you a product that will be reliable and give you all that you want in terms of performance yet you do not seem to have confidence that they can produce chokes to go with it to produce the best from the gun.
One of the most sensible posts I’ve seen on this forum for a long while 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I’ve changed choke brand in mine for reasons of weight. I’m not even going to bother patterning them. 

You won't need a full set of chokes remember the lead shot ban only up to half is all you need 

And yes I can confirm that teague chokes do pattern better than factory ones but you need to get the right cartridges to suit
But isn't that the same for all chokes

You won't need a full set of chokes remember the lead shot ban only up to half is all you need 

And yes I can confirm that teague chokes do pattern better than factory ones but you need to get the right cartridges to suit
By that logic, doesn’t that just imply you weren’t shooting the right cartridge for the factory chokes? I’m tempted to ask by what standard of comparison testing you can confirm any one chokes is “ better” but then I’d also have to ask what measurable difference it truly makes, which would beg the question of whether you truly break more clays with one brand vs another, and then we’re back at the original post. I’m with BostonMick and many others on this. They’re tapering tubes with threads.  

Latest posts

Back