cost !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

recently had my ticket renewed      old licence returned to police , a quick count up on my many guns purchased  , part exchanged etc  made me realise what its cost me !!   having said that i am a serial gun changer ,  thoughts ?  

recently had my ticket renewed      old licence returned to police , a quick count up on my many guns purchased  , part exchanged etc  made me realise what its cost me !!   having said that i am a serial gun changer ,  thoughts ?  
Dish the dirt. We need numbers?!

I must be in a fairly exclusive club of people who've sold a gun then bought it back!

PM.

Dish the dirt. We need numbers?!

I must be in a fairly exclusive club of people who've sold a gun then bought it back!

PM.
I might just beat that.  In 1975 I sold my trusted AyA NO.2 S x S game gun to fund buying a pair of Remmie 1100's with a spare barrel ( before multi chokes) with which to shoot clays. 2 months ago I bought the gun back again as the buyer is giving up shooting. I paid exactly the same amount that I sold it for. It is with a gunsmith having new firing pins fitted and I should be getting it back very soon. Although I have a Westley Richards S x S game gun, it is only 65mm Chambers, the AyA is 70mm. so will give me a wider range of cartridges when I am unjustifiably forced to use er.........sustainable ammunition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so much at the moment, keep them a year and sell them for what you paid, supply is short, heard of people selling vans for £40k more than they paid for them (top spec VWs)
Are you sure of the 40k bit 🤔

Are you sure of the 40k bit 🤔
Guy i know ordered a special edition VW transporter (1 of 100), paid £65k, not had it delivered yet but he has already sold it to a collector for £105k and reckons he could have got more, he said the forums are full of people wanting them

Not so much at the moment, keep them a year and sell them for what you paid, supply is short, heard of people selling vans for £40k more than they paid for them (top spec VWs)
I have just sold my car for more than I paid for it three years ago. 

Crazy, but true.

Steve.

I have a second car which the MOT has run out and needs a bit of work doing (when I get time). Been offered worth more than I paid for it 2 years ago when was fully roadworthy. That's nuts. 

Makes you wonder where all the money is coming from.  House prices rocketing etc. 

Sat in a local  Cafe and and got talking to a guy who had travelled from the North East to view 6 houses. On the 2 hour journey he was phoned to say that 4 of them had been sold and the 2 others were under offer. All in the price bracket of £350k to £400K 🤯

I ordered a HiLux under the BASC scheme ( 19% discount ) last August . I was given an April delivery date . That’s slipped back to November this year . A chap I know ordered last April and his arrives in May. On paper it’s a good buy as it can be resold for full retail + , problem is everything else available  is at artificial pricing or extended lead times . 

How ? The most expensive VW van it’s possible to configure, is “only” about 65k brand new.

I've been using a long since obsolete software package called Quicken to manage my personal finances, I've just run a report on the 'Shooting' category 2008 (when I started to date), everything, lessons, guns, kit, carts, memberships, rounds.....£74,371....   still a lot less than I've wasted on cars though. 🥵

Latest posts

Back