Blaser Cup 2022 - Orston

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markh701

Blaser Cup 2022 at Orston over 2 days this weekend. A really enjoyable event of 2 layouts of 75 with a break between. Really well organised, ran like clockwork and the targets were really good. I don’t shoot Orston very often but they have a fair chunk of land to use. The F16 layout was my favourite as it had some big fast moving targets on it and ones I don’t get to shoot very often. The F3 layout was more technical with tighter angles. Given the wind yesterday there were some testy targets but overall a great day out. I gave the Essex a miss this year and given the experience I would attend this event again. It seemed to be under attended on the Sat, probably due to the number of events on and the World Sporting in USA. Good one Orston.

Blaser Cup 2022 at Orston over 2 days this weekend. A really enjoyable event of 2 layouts of 75 with a break between. Really well organised, ran like clockwork and the targets were really good. I don’t shoot Orston very often but they have a fair chunk of land to use. The F16 layout was my favourite as it had some big fast moving targets on it and ones I don’t get to shoot very often. The F3 layout was more technical with tighter angles. Given the wind yesterday there were some testy targets but overall a great day out. I gave the Essex a miss this year and given the experience I would attend this event again. It seemed to be under attended on the Sat, probably due to the number of events on and the World Sporting in USA. Good one Orston.
Or possibly the cost for 150 targets comparatively pricey (£90 ish I hear)

Cracking day ,great targets,my favourite was the 5singles on the f3 course.Shot it all with 24grm 7.5 ,could of done with some 28 8.5 in places but thats what i had so that's what i used.

Was anyone there both days? Were things any easier today? There was a strong wind blowing on saturday which kept a lot of the big targets well out.

I was amazed at John Lee's saturday score considering the conditions.

PM.

Cracking day ,great targets,my favourite was the 5singles on the f3 course.Shot it all with 24grm 7.5 ,could of done with some 28 8.5 in places but thats what i had so that's what i used.
The super singles on F3 stand 8 were superb, I really enjoyed them. I shot like a tit on the other 21 stands, but did 4 out of 5 on the singles with 1/4 choke and some parcours 6.5s, missed the B bird midi as well out of all of them 🤦

Really good shoot and well worth the outing, pity it wasn't a little better attended but didn't take away from the atmosphere. Let far to many silly misses go.

Back