WESP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Today is the first of the three days of shooting the main event, like many wish them all the very best of luck, watching a Nick Berry uTube video of an earlier day on the prelim course was struck by the overcast skies and sounding like a near gale blowing, seemed more like here in winter than what always seemed / thought would be relentless sunny stateside. 

Shows the decline in shooting. Only 55 brits normally way north of 150. The world English last year was a English open and o truly hope over the coming years this great title gets its value back. 

Shows the decline in shooting. Only 55 brits normally way north of 150. The world English last year was a English open and o truly hope over the coming years this great title gets its value back. 
Decline? That’s a tad harsh given the upheaval the worlds been through last couple years, anything and everything to do with travel has exploded cost wise then add in the extra overs for the shooting and explains much of the numbers, it will be a few years until we can judge against the glory days of old, but seriously when the dates were set did you expect 150 from these shores to both have the fortune to spend and confidence to travel across the Atlantic??

Decline? That’s a tad harsh given the upheaval the worlds been through last couple years, anything and everything to do with travel has exploded cost wise then add in the extra overs for the shooting and explains much of the numbers, it will be a few years until we can judge against the glory days of old, but seriously when the dates were set did you expect 150 from these shores to both have the fortune to spend and confidence to travel across the Atlantic??
Perhaps I worded too fast. I’m in agreement with all u said but that’s caused the decline. Maybe best to skip a year and let people recover. Going forward for a few years I believe it will get worse in competitions

A truly remarkable achievement. Just watched the Final he was head and shoulders above the rest. 

but as my earlier statement. I won more than double the prize money at Orston yesterday than GD did for winning the worlds. That’s backwards 

But winning World titles go in the history books, how much you win doesn't 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends how much you´ll spend next week and what to make out of world titles. The problem is that even the Olympic Champions in shooting

are rarely noticed and no events could be seen here on TV. Just 10 Minutes on Eurosport, that´s it.

Depends how much you´ll spend next week and what to make out of world titles. The problem is that even the Olympic Champions in shooting

are rarely noticed and no events could be seen here on TV. Just 10 Minutes on Eurosport, that´s it.
Agreed but shooting at the world level is not where the money is. I spent fortunes chasing all my world titles and u fast realise as u get older they were not worth it. And no one really cares 

I think shooting is not the discipline to make a living anyway. Very few people. But no one will get rich trough out shooting, in my opinion.

Or they belong to the army and are supported, as many talented shooters are (in the olympic disciplines especially).

Last edited by a moderator:

I imagine with George's success he could do some serious negotiationing to get those bills paid? 🤔

Social media is awash with his success! Him promoting his sponsors, his sponsors promoting him.

Fully agree with Westward! 👍👍

Latest posts

Back