Buy out

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

On social media it’s been announced that Fiochi has bought out Express. Good or bad thing ??

Now even less competition in the market place 🤔🤔

Fiochi already owned the company that supplies everyone else with components  anyhow (from another recent buyout) So this just looks like express  have given in and sold up. So fiochi can really squeeze the market wether or not they own the other companies. Can't  really see it being a good thing tbh. 

Jasper 

Only time will tell how this will pan out. Some companies benefit from being bought by a bigger / more diverse and better funded operation and that benefit can in turn assist customers. I can’t see how a simple product line such as cartridges will benefit though and the natural fear is a reduction of competition in the UK market which may see prices rise. Let’s see..

To be fair my usual cartridge is fblus.  I like em. They're smooth and hit hard. And fiochi have resisted price increases more than most. 

Jasper. 

To be fair my usual cartridge is fblus.  I like em. They're smooth and hit hard. And fiochi have resisted price increases more than most. 

Jasper. 
That’s the worry. If they were keeping prices down to beat Express, then that problem goes away..

I have moved on to TT1 which i believe are now the cheapest base cartridge around. I used to shoot Eley and Hull in the main but not anymore. This could be the death knell for Hull as Fiocchi seem to be able to produce an equivilent cartridge to theirs about £30 cheaper. 

the natural fear is a reduction of competition in the UK market which may see prices rise. 
Yes Will could happen long term but short to mid I believe they will want to be extremely competitivr to grow market share.

However for our so called competive market , the only competition I can see is who can keep raising their prices the most. It seems a race to the top at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Optimist - They use their in house components to reduce the cost of express and continue to undercut their rivals.

Pessimist - They now have a large market share so why bother reducing prices? Will express just become a uk based warehouse? I'd imagine their output is tiny compared to Fiocchi's other plants.

Squeaky bum time for their sponsored shooters if a new management team is brought in.

PM.

Never used Fiochchi but as an observation if i stand behind somebody with a cart that has not gone bang its nearly always a Fiocchi, saw it twice today, two different shooters

Never used Fiochchi but as an observation if i stand behind somebody with a cart that has not gone bang its nearly always a Fiocchi, saw it twice today, two different shooters
Used literally thousands through two berettas . No problem. Give em to my mate ,miroku  and he'll  get a couple of light strikes in the bottom barrel. Sticks em in the top and they go. 

the bloke who used to assemble Aprilia motorbikes on the Friday afternoon shift has probably gone to work on their priming line .. 
Doesn't seemed to be hurting my 87+ average too much. 🙂

Also -  seems to see a lot of confetti from Fiocchi compared to others
Get confetti out of all fibres. 

Jasper. 

Who are the major cartridge manufacturers in the UK ?

Gamebore and Hull are the only two that spring to mind. Seeing that a major manufacturer has been taken over by a rival, I wonder if the monopolies and mergers commission will investigate the lack of competition in the whole business…..

Which ever way it go’s, prices will continue to rise ☹️☹️

Only miss fire I've had with any brand of cartrige I've used was with a Browning, and yes it was the bottom barrel 😉

Who are the major cartridge manufacturers in the UK ?

Gamebore and Hull are the only two that spring to mind. Seeing that a major manufacturer has been taken over by a rival, I wonder if the monopolies and mergers commission will investigate the lack of competition in the whole business…..

Which ever way it go’s, prices will continue to rise ☹️☹️
Eley, always assumed made in the UK

Surely Express loadings will have to change. They use vectan powder in a lot of their better cartridges.

Why would fiocchi buy in vectan powder owned by nobelsport. 

It may make express loads more consistent as they have been known to vary in the past.

PM.

Latest posts

Back