England selection

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not I, thats an aspiration to which many years ago Ive taken a realistic view on, few multi A chums are, they will probably do them all which involves staying away once maybe twice, do plenty of that for work, for a hobby nope. Do enjoy, and good luck. 

Not shooting the comp but shot there for first time today and thought they had a great selection of fair but challenging targets, well worth a visit

Not shooting the comp but shot there for first time today and thought they had a great selection of fair but challenging targets, well worth a visit
I hope that the course wasnt open for general practise today !!  😒

Points from High Gun are taken from each day, not over the two, this to mitigate any poor weather handicap, seems this new initiative has (the wind effect) been tested first shoot. 

Same as that. Martin Myers put in an 83! Us mere mortals would be getting our pants pulled down at every stand! I'd need to be using C-RAM rather than a 12ga shotgun to get anywhere near that.
to be honest i shot crap no excuses    targets were well presented and visible  ,  without the wind i think you could add ten targets to your card ,   but its a reality check  on skillset !!      after 6 stands i was looking to buy cyanide       😝  

Yes, it appeared to be and very good it was too, is there technically a problem with that?
No registered targets for any sporting shoot should be allowed to be open for practice prior to a competition, especially a selection shoot.

Its a different rule with the fixed disciplines such as skeet, dtl, abt

No registered targets for any sporting shoot should be allowed to be open for practice prior to a competition, especially a selection shoot.

Its a different rule with the fixed disciplines such as skeet, dtl, abt
I cannot confirm that we were shooting the competition targets on the Friday, judging by the scores i suspect not?

Conflicting from your previous comments ..........
Phil, please elaborate where you feel I am conlicting, I simply visited the ground on Friday and shot all the sporting stands that were open (no idea if they were the comp targets but i suspect not judging by the subsequent scores in the comp)?

Seems like somebody missed the point with this shoot. By setting it really hard only really the hg will benefit. (0 points) .  (62% average. Last years english was tough and shot in appalling conditions was 68%) .

For a lot of shooters this will become their dropped score.  Thus making the shoot almost irrelevant.????

In essence they null and void their own shoot. Which seems a little counter productive. ???

AAA shooting in the 60's ,high gun 86 thats 20+ points.

Most that qualify wont get that many points from all the other shoots. Hmm. 

Dropper. Dropper. Dropper. 

Discuss.

Jasper. 

Latest posts

Back