More sad news

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Powell

Staff member
After the sad demise of Christian Ghilli earlier in the month, I was sorry to hear Joe Kitson passed away yesterday. In his day, Joe was a formidable skeet shooter who enjoyed considerable success both as a senior and veteran. He was also a CPSA board member some years ago and contributed to this website occasionally.

Thoughts are with his his friends, family and the skeet community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot with Joe on many occasions. Remember when I first started  shooting, we would go round these little straw bailers and young farmers shoots.  They would all have £50 or £100  high gun and such like that.(35 years ago). The superstars of the era would rock up and Joe was one of them. Later on in my shooting career ,I had the pleasure of shooting skeet and sporting alongside him.  His style was an enigma. Never had his face on the gun at any time. Didn't miss many though. 

Rip Joe. 

Jasper. 

We first met Joe at the Million Shooting Ground many years ago. We have since shared many memorable shooting days. It turned out he even knew my father in law from Illey. Good memories of travelling and shooting both intercounty and England qualifiers with Joe. He will be sadly missed.

Back