Just Cartridges - Anyone Used/Using Them?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Buster

Hi all...

Has anyone had experience ordering cartridges from Just Cartridges (either delivery or collecting)?  I had a search on the forum threads but couldn't see any recommendations so not sure if that's gives an indication! 😁  

Delivery costs always make me wince, so I always collect from somewhere I’m at, or passing. I have dropped in to JC and bought a few, but a few years ago just as they moved into the big new place. No problems. It not like buying electrical goods. If they are in stock and you know what you’re paying that’s it. 

I've stopped using them, as I've found the same cartridges cheaper. Bought 3000 Fiocchi Litespeeds from Eastern Sporting for £196/thousand a couple of weeks ago. JC want £234 + £15 delivery per thousand. Even if you account for 20 quids worth of fuel, I'm still £139 better off. OK, there and back plus browsing the shop was 2 hrs out of my day, but it was cold, wet and miserable, and I'd been out shooting the day before.

I'm the opposite, live over 1hr away from anywhere to purchase so have used them. Fblus £464 x 2000 delivered, cheap as anywhere local and delivered

Edit that was a month ago, so will have to look when I need some more, not one to stick to one brand, mid range of any that are cheap does me

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the opposite, live over 1hr away from anywhere to purchase so have used them Fblus, £464 x 2000 delivered, cheap as anywhere local and delivered
Check their prices now, 2000 FBlus incl delivery will cost you £538. I can pick up 2000 FBlus from Sporting Targets for £452, probably £20 cheaper than that at Eastern Sporting. I'll admit that I've been told the ST prices are due to go up on the next delivery (probably ES too).  I reckon by about £20/thou.

Check their prices now, 2000 FBlus incl delivery will cost you £538. I can pick up 2000 FBlus from Sporting Targets for £452, probably £20 cheaper than that at Eastern Sporting. I'll admit that I've been told the ST prices are due to go up on the next delivery (probably ES too).  I reckon by about £20/thou.
Your lucky to live in a area where there's a plentiful supply, around here it's not so easy and it seems theres a cartel as everyones prices are around the same. So just cartrages don't seem to expensive when you add in devlivery to my door, as opposed to my fuel/time to collect from others.

But saying that I have cut back on how many times I shoot now due to rising costs with clay shooting

Makes target shooting which I do look positively cheap now

It's interesting to note that in December fiocchi uk hadn't raised their trade prices. Yet JC saw fit to put their retail price up anyway? 

The rise is expected this month.

PM.

I've stopped using them, as I've found the same cartridges cheaper. Bought 3000 Fiocchi Litespeeds from Eastern Sporting for £196/thousand a couple of weeks ago. JC want £234 + £15 delivery per thousand. Even if you account for 20 quids worth of fuel, I'm still £139 better off. OK, there and back plus browsing the shop was 2 hrs out of my day, but it was cold, wet and miserable, and I'd been out shooting the day before.
do you shoot the litespeeds on clays ?    anygood ? 

It's interesting to note that in December fiocchi uk hadn't raised their trade prices. Yet JC saw fit to put their retail price up anyway? 

The rise is expected this month.

PM.
Odd, have, with a chum(s) bought Fiocchi, from FBlacks to Officials and the prices paid were more than 2020 and at the time similar to more local gunshots, the chap had plenty stock when many did not, the days of only a once a year price rise seems almost "the good old days" 

Meant to say we, well he collected. Having, for work purposes couriered / posted stuff all over the UK sending anything anywhere is / feels expensive, a simple slab of 250 carts is 10kg so buying carriage to ferry such a product is eye watering expensive. 

The chap has been in business a good while and has a wide and diverse range of stock, it’s pretty competitive and he seems to be doing well.

Would be intresting to hear from any European members what the price increase there are.

As I've said the UK is known as Treasure Island to a lot of supplers/retailers,we just pay up and not make a fuss 😄

do you shoot the litespeeds on clays ?    anygood ? 
One of the grounds I shoot at is fibre only and these used to be the standard cartridge available there. Never tried the plastic wad Litespeeds though.  As they are UK 8's I find them pretty good up to approx 40 yards, then they drop off real quick. Seen a few 40+ yard birds get hit, change course, but not break. Anything further out than 35- 40 yards, then I'll switch them out for Hull Superfasts. Never had a misfire with one, but mate did get a stuck wad in his barrel a couple of weeks ago. Not sure where he keeps his cartridges, so it may have gotten damp.

Anywhere I can shoot plastic, then it's Fiocchi FBlu's, F3 Pistons or F3 Reds. 

Would be intresting to hear from any European members what the price increase there are.

As I've said the UK is known as Treasure Island to a lot of supplers/retailers,we just pay up and not make a fuss 😄
Hi colin , don't know about Fiocchi but I spend quite a bit of time in Spain. At my local decathlon store you could buy a slab of solenagc 28gm with plastic wads for £42 . Never tried them because I always fly home. I would assume I could get them bulk even cheaper.  From what I hear they are a decent base cartridge. 

I’ve stopped using JC, they seem to be expensive compared to other places. The £ 15 delivery charge bumps up the overall cost and I’m now looking to support local businesses. I bought a thousand of the JC club carts and was impressed, there’s a rumour they’re re-packaged White Golds, they come in a Gamebore box, so could be some truth in it, but the same carts are now £ 249 delivered.  
Currently using Gamebore Velocity+ from the Cheshire gun room at £ 219 a thousand. 
The difference in price would get me a thousand per year for free and the cheaper carts are wayyyy better than I’am.

Back