DT11 itch

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

As title, seen a lot of DT11s whilst out & about this year, enough to wonder “what if” now Im old enough (but probably not sensible enough) to know a bright shiny new gun wont hit more clays than the dark sleek Italian princess I currently have but the seed was itching so the need to scratch it & scratch it I did. Barbury the ground, bog standard RH 32” DT11, weight felt similar, different style fore-end and not quite as much cast as my current stock. Barbury always have 15 stands on so 30 different targets, now Id shot a lot of them, most of these fairly well just few days before with my MX, this time with the DT I was a lot more hit & miss, most of the 🤬 missed being the steady targets escaped & not the odd monster, it did though perform really well on the driven / teal / trappy stuff, overall yes the different fit may have cost a few silly misses, and yes if I bought one Id need to ensure it “fitted”, but & despite it being a very fine looking shotgun spending an hour or two out with one I dont now get the itch to make such a permanent change. Well not just yet 🤔 

Try a black one. Everybody knows the dearer they are, the better they break clays. Ask me why I bought one, as I am still waiting for an opportunity to get the stock fitted. Bloody COVID. But at least I’ve scratched my itch  🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an early DT11, which was incredibly heavy and in final analysis, bloody awful handling. I’ve watched them change in the last few years and they are very different now. It would be a gun I would look at it I was in the market to replace mine.

Well Jasper on here and Mrs Jasper are both very happy with their 11s but all the same as a semi retired ref I witness the changing trends 1st hand and I see a lot more switching from high value brands to CG Invictus than DT11s any form.

Strangely, a big proportion of DT11 buyers don't seem to keep them very long. There several people from our area I can think of that you and I both know who've moved on fairly quickly.

I've shot a few and they're certainly miles better than the 6xx series guns, but my personal take is they're massively overpriced. 

Being a 686/682 user, I have been put off the DT11 by the profile and weight (both in terms of it being heavy & the balance). Unlike other guns (say 686 to 694) I have no doubt moving to a DT11 would need plenty of "acclimatization" which would involve giving up on the old gun long before I would feel comfortable with the new one. If that's the case I can easily understand why many would look at other makes. I have always struggled to see how the DT11 fits in the lineup - given the SL2 perhaps it will be dropped for an 'SL1' gun going forward.

Well Jasper on here and Mrs Jasper are both very happy with their 11s but all the same as a semi retired ref I witness the changing trends 1st hand and I see a lot more switching from high value brands to CG Invictus than DT11s any form.

Strangely, a big proportion of DT11 buyers don't seem to keep them very long. There several people from our area I can think of that you and I both know who've moved on fairly quickly.

I've shot a few and they're certainly miles better than the 6xx series guns, but my personal take is they're massively overpriced. 
Not if you compare them to a Krieghoff they are very reasonable 

Yep we do love em . £ for £ simply the best gun out there. 

Recoil negligible.  Triggers superb. 

Yep it's a big gun. But handling and balance super. 

Its a keeper.

Yep it's really that good. 

Jasper.  

2 friends both purchased new ones (a couple of years ago), I tried both and liked them but they both got shot fairly quickly, mainly that they found hey just couldnt shoot them particularly well, both moved on to Krieghoffs and couldnt be happier.

GlawsterCodger you really must buy what you want, and be prepared for two things. Scores will drop. And you need to give it time. 5000 carts as a minimum.(world champions advice)

After your brief outing with the dt11 I would say its not floating your boat. But is this because you didn't hit as many as you did with the MX? which I'm assuming is fitted better to you? Really these brief encounters can only serve to see if you prefer the feel of the gun. 

Jasper.

I've had a dt11 for almost 4 years now, first year was a complete learning curve. Once I found out where it was shooting and how I needed it setting up I've never looked back. Best ones are post 2015 with the lighter barrels. Mines a 32" 2017 L, weighs 8lb 4 2oz and with 60 gram of weight in the back balances about 1/2" in front of the hinge pin with 3/8ths flush chokes and non adjustable comb. Can't see me changing it amy time soon, just a fantastic tool to shoot, but definitely needs time to set them up right for you.

Latest posts

Back