ACS Pro 26 custom ear plugs

Clarkey

The Pro26 should provide adequate hearing protection (assuming you have no need for additional protection) and thus is fine for shooting. The attenuation is however permenant such that you will not really hear conversations around you when not actually shooting. The shooting specific plugs have a valve (or electronics) so there is limited attenuation until the gun fires. This allows for you to hear normally (its quiter than normal with passive plugs and the same - or better - with elctronics ones). I am not sure if the ACS filters can be swapped over and you may want to look at that as an option.

3 hours ago, Freddypip said:

The Pro26 should provide adequate hearing protection (assuming you have no need for additional protection) and thus is fine for shooting. The attenuation is however permenant such that you will not really hear conversations around you when not actually shooting. The shooting specific plugs have a valve (or electronics) so there is limited attenuation until the gun fires. This allows for you to hear normally (its quiter than normal with passive plugs and the same - or better - with elctronics ones). I am not sure if the ACS filters can be swapped over and you may want to look at that as an option.

Hey, yeah there highest level attenuation is the Pro 27 and doesn’t have removable filters, for motorsport was told to go for Pro 26 as it offers the protection needed and the filters allow you to still hear people talking.  I wear them for around 7 hours a day in my workshop and I have full conversations with people no issues, all though it is “duller” sounding

the other bonus is that any of their filter range fit in these so I have a set of less stronger filters for music etc.

If they are safe to try I will see how I get on, I find the ACS stuff extremely good as I tried some cheaper options previously and didn’t find them as good.