Gun up or gun down in skeet?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieTrapper

I was watching a competition at a local club and noticed that some shooters call with the gun slightly down while others have it up. How do forum members start skeet shooting, it seems to me that gun down is just an added complication to what is a precise sequence? I appreciate that in Olympic Skeet the gun is held below a fixed level

Last edited by a moderator:
Gun up to start with,im no skeet expert but someone that is told me many moons ago,use whats there! Every layout shoud have markers for where the clays land (usualy a pile of brocken ones there anyway) and a marker where they cross in the middle,for hight you can use the opposite tower for a fixed height then move out to you're preffered hold point which when perfect can be measured back from the middle marker.

Ps sequence wise i could spell it out here but whatever disciplines i shoot i spend time reading the rules and never take it as read from shooters who may have last read them in the last century. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually 'start shooting skeet' on station one.

Does it really matter how others shoot?

Latest posts

Back