Beretta SL2 release

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely they could have mentioned a bit more about the actual gun... I love my Beretta's but this is the opposite of letting the strengths of a product speak for the product itself. 

I think there was glimse of a new Beretta SL2 at 3.22 mins. The rest of the video is people talking about an imaginary perfect gun which we know is not achievable.

The best quote - "it has no recoil". What about physics ?.

Can I suggest a sweepstake for the price - given an SL3 is £20k, I'm guessing above the DT11 so £12k off the shelf.

I think there was glimse of a new Beretta SL2 at 3.22 mins. The rest of the video is people talking about an imaginary perfect gun which we know is not achievable.

The best quote - "it has no recoil". What about physics ?.

Can I suggest a sweepstake for the price - given an SL3 is £20k, I'm guessing above the DT11 so £12k off the shelf.
I would think you're not far off the mark at £12k, I would imagine they're going to pitch it in the K80 parcours money sort of area. It appears the black one shown is the launch model and there are going to be 50 of those followed by a "Classic" production model for 2022.

At least 12K I'd say. Beretta has little choice but to concentrate on upmarket guns having spent the last 12 years throwing away their leadership of the mid range thanks to all the quality problems followed by the 692 fiasco. The acquisition of H&H is presumably part of the master plan too.

It'll be a struggle though to match Krieghoff and Perazzi with such a crazy looking gun as the SL2.

Well Lloyd we'll have to take your word for it that it's pretty as I don't think I've seen the whole shotgun as yet, just bits like the photo 😅

It's interesting that they have reverted to angular barrel shoulders given the much hyped smooth ones on the 692 & 694 etc.

I struggle to understand what this does above a DT11 or for that matter a 694 or for that matter a 686 - the action looks very 686 with bits stuck on the side resulting in a wide profile around the trigger. perhaps they are looking fro more weight in the middle of the gun to help handling & recoil.

I know the locking system is different - well its different from the DT11 & 686 but remarkably similar to the boss action used on Perazzis.

The SL3 is £20k for a Perazzi action + laser-engraved sideplates.

The SL2 is £12k for a Perazzi with an ugly* (and easily damaged) stock. (*Reminiscent of the UGB25.)

Beretta needed to do better, especially with the SL2, if they were going to beat Perazzi at their own game. The SL2 stock design is just a silly distraction that won't fool the market. Beretta should have taken Perazzi head-on and produced a better gun. A Berazzi (with, to start, parallel barrels).

But we all know that clay shooters are going to cough up and want to own one. That’s why the gun manufacturers bring out so many different models. At the end of the day they all do the same thing, you put a cartridge in one end and the shot comes out the other end. 

Clay shooters might cough something up but prolly not the  $ to buy one of those.  Perhaps sometime they'll get around to introducing a Special Edition Classic 682 (wide body of course) and recover some mid-market sales.

Alberto Fernandez (Spanish gold medal at last Olimpic Game) has just been contracted by Beretta as of today. He is just replacing his Perazzi MX2000 by a DT11 and he is expecting to receive the new SL2 shortly. Maybe he will promote that new gun.

There is already a prototype gun engraved with "CDT 2017" out there which is used by Giovanni Cernogoraz and Jessica Rossi (both italian Trap Shooters).

But where is the huge improvement over a DT11? Looks more than a Zoli- Action in my opinion. Is it clever to build a new gun and use the same action

as the competitors?

There is already a prototype gun engraved with "CDT 2017" out there which is used by Giovanni Cernogoraz and Jessica Rossi (both italian Trap Shooters).

But where is the huge improvement over a DT11? Looks more than a Zoli- Action in my opinion. Is it clever to build a new gun and use the same action

as the competitors?
Giovanni Cernogoraz…Italian trap shooter?

Have the Croatian Shooting Federation been told?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back