Clay shooting company Practice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

Hi everyone 

just a note to say we are open at Garlands for practice every Thursday , Friday and Saturday ,

we open up the previous 100 reg sporting course on the claymate system for all to enjoy , clays are priced at 32p each 

please keep an eye open for practice days at Westfield coming very soon 

Steve 

Hi everyone 

just a note to say we are open at Garlands for practice every Thursday , Friday and Saturday ,

we open up the previous 100 reg sporting course on the claymate system for all to enjoy , clays are priced at 32p each 

please keep an eye open for practice days at Westfield coming very soon 

Steve 
good price  !

Can you explain why practice at Garlands is 32 pence per clay but Westfields is 35 pence per clay ? 

Greed is probably a harsh term. Prices are higher down south for everything including most business overheads. On the occasions where I travel up north, a beer and a meal do seem incredibly cheap. 
Greed, profiteering, exploiting the market , many names for it, but Garlands and Westfields aren’t at either end of the country so to my mind it seems odd that one ground can be cheaper than the other

Greed, profiteering, exploiting the market , many names for it, but Garlands and Westfields aren’t at either end of the country so to my mind it seems odd that one ground can be cheaper than the other
Maybe a little, but N Yorks and Buckinghamshire are pretty opposed examples. 

To clarify to the negative comment off a certain person that won’t even put his name down , the difference in prices is down to the economics of running clay shoots , which as an obvious expert in it you would know all about 

westfield at 35p is still very cheap down here , 42 and 45p is very common 

To clarify to the negative comment off a certain person that won’t even put his name down , the difference in prices is down to the economics of running clay shoots , which as an obvious expert in it you would know all about 

westfield at 35p is still very cheap down here , 42 and 45p is very common 
So in case you missed it my name is Jon Snow, no I’m not a CPSA shooter but have been to one of your shoots some years ago, 

From your comments I assume you use the “ What the market will stand” method to set your prices, why else would you quote the common prices in the area? What about Garlands? What’s the common prices around there? 
I’ve got nothing against anyone making a profit but with the ever increasing price of cartridges I would like to think ground owners would like to keep the other costs as low as possible so that people can still afford to keep shooting

So in case you missed it my name is Jon Snow, no I’m not a CPSA shooter but have been to one of your shoots some years ago, 

From your comments I assume you use the “ What the market will stand” method to set your prices, why else would you quote the common prices in the area? What about Garlands? What’s the common prices around there? 
I’ve got nothing against anyone making a profit but with the ever increasing price of cartridges I would like to think ground owners would like to keep the other costs as low as possible so that people can still afford to keep shooting
So......just to clarify !!

"" I’ve got nothing against anyone making a profit but with the ever increasing price of cartridges I would like to think ground owners would like to keep the other costs as low as possible so that people can still afford to keep shooting""..........

Clays have just gone up again !!....3rd time since end of 2020 & the naughty word called "profit" has diminished even more !!. Insurances have increased, fuel has increased & certain grounds that continue to reinvest with new traps, batteries, raised platforms, towers, etc need to continue to make some profit to enable existence !!

So your not a CPSA shooter, so you have insurance we all hope ??....... Unsure of your industry or knowwledge of running a shoot but dont look at a shoot as a cash cow..........you have much to learn & understand if thats what you think ?.... enjoy your shooting but unless shooters support the grounds, there will be no grounds to shoot at 

So......just to clarify !!

"" I’ve got nothing against anyone making a profit but with the ever increasing price of cartridges I would like to think ground owners would like to keep the other costs as low as possible so that people can still afford to keep shooting""..........

Clays have just gone up again !!....3rd time since end of 2020 & the naughty word called "profit" has diminished even more !!. Insurances have increased, fuel has increased & certain grounds that continue to reinvest with new traps, batteries, raised platforms, towers, etc need to continue to make some profit to enable existence !!

So your not a CPSA shooter, so you have insurance we all hope ??....... Unsure of your industry or knowwledge of running a shoot but dont look at a shoot as a cash cow..........you have much to learn & understand if thats what you think ?.... enjoy your shooting but unless shooters support the grounds, there will be no grounds to shoot at 
Phil,

I have no knowledge of you but see that you are a ground owner, I also see that you jump to conclusions, I don’t have anything to learn or understand about running a clay ground I did all that in the 90’s thanks. My question to the original post was how can a company that runs 2 grounds that aren’t at opposite ends of the country have different prices, your argument that clays, insurance, transportation costs have all increased would apply to both grounds so that still doesn’t make it clear why one ground can be cheaper than the other ? 
Unless of course and I may be jumping to conclusions but is it what the market will stand?

Your comment which i copied & pasted 

"" I’ve got nothing against anyone making a profit but with the ever increasing price of cartridges I would like to think ground owners would like to keep the other costs as low as possible so that people can still afford to keep shooting"".........

Doesnt involve the question you initially asked.

The cost difference could be a variety of factors, rent may be a percentage higher which will invole a different percentage in over cost per clay !!

Asking the specific question personally rather than a keyboard warrior attack is more beneficial....... you say that you did all taht in the 90's.... me too !! so you would have a strong knowledge of how things have evolved since then ??

Simple rule is ...if you dont want to spend your money for a few pence more then dont.........im done,  shoot safe

”Asking the specific question personally rather than a keyboard warrior attack is more beneficial....”

Phil

My first post on this topic was asking a question personally I don’t understand how you can say it is a keyboard warrior attack, but if you are that sensitive……

Not to worry I have always spent my hard earned money where I feel it is best appreciated and gives best value 

All the best 

Jonz

Last edited by a moderator:
ok I'm not playing devils advocate ,  i realise shooting grounds have many overheads etc , but how much do 1000 clays cost the ground owner ?  and while we are on the subject  how much dose it cost the cartridge manufacturers to produce a 1000 cartridges ?     again many variables , but generally !!  

Back