Are gel pads worth getting?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robden

I have Howard Leight earmuffs and am wondering if the £28 for gel pads is worth it.

Thanks. I'll give them a try.  

Next question.....where to buy from?  If I get them from Amazon UK, they will be coming from the States. Do you know if they will incure import duty charges?
If their coming from Amazon USA to Amazon UK i'm pretty sure the vat is included.Last time I purchased off Amazon from the states no other charges were added.That was a month ago.

Ebay is the same now, when you check out you can see the vat charge

If their coming from Amazon USA to Amazon UK i'm pretty sure the vat is included.Last time I purchased off Amazon from the states no other charges were added.That was a month ago.

Ebay is the same now, when you check out you can see the vat charge
Yeah, just found out. I'm buying from the UK address and being sent to a UK address.  Where the seller gets them from is naff all to do with me.

I bought gel pads for my HLs a couple of years ago because I was often out reffing and wearing them for hours on end, consequently the pressure just ahead of my ears from the frames of my glasses would get very unpleasant.

The gel inserts made no difference to that problem but because they are more flexible they do block out slightly more ambient noise from creeping in.

I’ve got some coming from China for my other half’s ear defenders   , £11 delivered from eBay . Where ever you buy them from they will be made in China . If you can wait a few weeks  ebay is the cheapest  . You won’t pay duty as the parcel will bear a customs declaration with a value of  about tuppence ! 

I use gel on my Sordins , brilliant for comfort and sealing over eyewear . 

Yes!

I did exactly the same, well worth it. I ordered a set of gel pads from 'Zohan', the EP01 (they fit the HL) - £18 (March 21)

The £11  eBay gel ear cushions arrived today .  Shipped from China to Germany then on to the U.K.  The £11 included carriage and Duty apparently , snd the customs declaration sticker valued the contents at £6.68 

To be honest they are pretty good , they fit comfortable over specs , dead easy to install  . They are marginally thinner than the original foam pads , but then they don’t compress like foam does .  

If you don’t mind a three week wait , they seem to be a cost effective way of uprating Howard Leight , Awesafe , or any other generic Chinese made ear defender .

I’ve no doubt that the ones on Ali express are exactly the same but just lower cost to buy . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back