Vertx range bags

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Hi guys. After looking online, I've found what looks like a perfect range bag. It's the Vertx COF heavy range bang. It's pretty big but has gimmicky features that I like!

I can't seem to find a UK supplier however. Has anyone had any of their gear before, did you order direct from the US and was there any issues?

I have a beretta cartridge bag that I've never even used and I'm already planning an upgrade!

Thanks guys.

Hi guys. After looking online, I've found what looks like a perfect range bag. It's the Vertx COF heavy range bang. It's pretty big but has gimmicky features that I like!

I can't seem to find a UK supplier however. Has anyone had any of their gear before, did you order direct from the US and was there any issues?

I have a beretta cartridge bag that I've never even used and I'm already planning an upgrade!

Thanks guys.
Looks awful and too dear. Totally weird for clay shooting and no drinks holder, which to me is critical. Look at the wild hare range bag. 

Designed for pistols ?
If you take the (removable) 6 mag holder out its not specific to pistols.

Looks awful and too dear. Totally weird for clay shooting and no drinks holder, which to me is critical. Look at the wild hare range bag. 
I like the rigid top section for holding boxes of cartridges, and it has loads of smaller pockets for organisation, which I liked. You're right about the drinks holder though. That's one thing the beretta bag has. Thanks for the recommendation though, I'll go look at them now.

This ones worth a look, had mine 2 years, gets used twice a week and no signs of wear. Takes 150 carts plus muffs and pilla box in end pockets. I use varios ,so water bottle goes in with them. Choke box ,keys, small emergency tool kit go in front two pockets, plus theres internal pockets for any paperwork. If your feeling flush,there is a full leather version £££££££sssss.    https://fineshootingaccessories.com/product/canvas-range-bag-sporting-clays/

This ones worth a look, had mine 2 years, gets used twice a week and no signs of wear. Takes 150 carts plus muffs and pilla box in end pockets. I use varios ,so water bottle goes in with them. Choke box ,keys, small emergency tool kit go in front two pockets, plus theres internal pockets for any paperwork. If your feeling flush,there is a full leather version £££££££sssss.    https://fineshootingaccessories.com/product/canvas-range-bag-sporting-clays/
I had one of these canvas bags, used it for several months but last month whilst shooting at Barrow we got absolutely soaked on the last 3 stands, and I mean drenched, had to take off my top in the ladies and wring it out, got home, emptied the bag to dry out but the dye from the inside came through and stained it quite badly.  Contacted them and we sent it back and replaced it with a leather one (I paid the difference). Lots of pockets and space inside and the bag is extremely well made, my only bug bear is once you start using the cartridges the “middle” collapses which does my head in! Am looking for a stiff plastic box or something to go insiders keep it from not sagging, but excellent service non the less. 

I had one of these canvas bags, used it for several months but last month whilst shooting at Barrow we got absolutely soaked on the last 3 stands, and I mean drenched, had to take off my top in the ladies and wring it out, got home, emptied the bag to dry out but the dye from the inside came through and stained it quite badly.  Contacted them and we sent it back and replaced it with a leather one (I paid the difference). Lots of pockets and space inside and the bag is extremely well made, my only bug bear is once you start using the cartridges the “middle” collapses which does my head in! Am looking for a stiff plastic box or something to go insiders keep it from not sagging, but excellent service non the less. 
The rigid sections in the vertx bag were what really drew me to it. Plenty cartridge space and pull out drawers. Most of the bags I've seen don't have separate pockets for organising things. Can't get away from the heavy price though, considering it's not leather.

Touch wood, ive not had any problems with discolouration. Did yours not come with the dividers for the central compartment ,which velcro to the ends and sides ? Separates the middle into compartments and stiffens the whole thing up ?

Shot at Bisley today and a lad had the dark leather one,  Very smart  👍

The rigid sections in the vertx bag were what really drew me to it. Plenty cartridge space and pull out drawers. Most of the bags I've seen don't have separate pockets for organising things. Can't get away from the heavy price though, considering it's not leather.
They are a bit lumpy, but my last canvas bag was £100 and lasted 10 years, so a tenner a year, Last 2 bags i had after that were from a well known firms. One was £45 lasted 18 months fell apart, last one was £50 and the strap came away from the bag , replaced with new and that lasted a year. So £90 for 21/2 years. Said after that i wasnt buying anymore branded stuff.

Touch wood, ive not had any problems with discolouration. Did yours not come with the dividers for the central compartment ,which velcro to the ends and sides ? Separates the middle into compartments and stiffens the whole thing up ?

Shot at Bisley today and a lad had the dark leather one,  Very smart  👍

They are a bit lumpy, but my last canvas bag was £100 and lasted 10 years, so a tenner a year, Last 2 bags i had after that were from a well known firms. One was £45 lasted 18 months fell apart, last one was £50 and the strap came away from the bag , replaced with new and that lasted a year. So £90 for 21/2 years. Said after that i wasnt buying anymore branded stuff.
Yes it did but I took them out, might put them back in to see how it goes then. Thanks for that. I ended up with the ox blood I think it is but my husband and his friend got the brown ones, they are stylish and plenty if room. 

There is a large external zip pocket either side. Plus a pocket at one end, insulated drinks holder other end. Inside are various pockets / compartments, large and small. It’s really organised. Bag is rigid. I really recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks guys.
That’s a cool looking bag and if that’s the one you want, buy it. It’s your money pal !

Ordering from the USA , factor in around + 25% for VAT & duty , and another £10 or so for clearance fees . If your delivery comes by post the post office will leave a card with a reference number for paying before delivery .  Of course sometimes you  might get lucky and it arrives on your doorstep without duty , but never bank on that .

Just had a reply from the company, they don't ship outside of the US. There are mailing companies in the US for situations like these but by the time they take their cut and all the import fees are applied I'd be better off buying another car to cart everything around in!

I do have the Beretta cartridge bag already, but its already feeling small. I'll give it a whirl and if I do feel like I need something bigger then I can have a look at the suggestions on this thread.

Thanks everyone. 

Just had a reply from the company, they don't ship outside of the US. There are mailing companies in the US for situations like these but by the time they take their cut and all the import fees are applied I'd be better off buying another car to cart everything around in!

I do have the Beretta cartridge bag already, but its already feeling small. I'll give it a whirl and if I do feel like I need something bigger then I can have a look at the suggestions on this thread.

Thanks everyone. 
I must ask, why on earth do you need a bag so large? Mine has space for shooting glasses, earmuffs and maybe a banana, that’s about it. Why lug cartridges around, collect them from the boot of your car after each round.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must ask, why on earth do you need a bag so large? Mine has space for shooting glasses, earmuffs and maybe a banana, that’s about it. Why lug cartridges around, collect them from the boot of your car after each round.
I don't have a very good reason. In my experience fishing there are 2 types of people, those with one rod and a backpack and one with 2 ton of stuff, ready for every eventuality. Guess which I am?!

By the time my bag has gloves, glasses box, cartridge pouch, hat, cloth, oil, barrel snake, ouch pouch kitchen sink etc it gets a little cramped.

Overkill, I know, but it's how I like to do things. And lifting gear in and out the car for all my hobbies equates to a powerlifting set of deads so there's that!

I don't have a very good reason. In my experience fishing there are 2 types of people, those with one rod and a backpack and one with 2 ton of stuff, ready for every eventuality. Guess which I am?!

By the time my bag has gloves, glasses box, cartridge pouch, hat, cloth, oil, barrel snake, ouch pouch kitchen sink etc it gets a little cramped.

Overkill, I know, but it's how I like to do things. And lifting gear in and out the car for all my hobbies equates to a powerlifting set of deads so there's that!
Jan is Sporting baiting again, pretending trap is normal, while actually most shooters are doing sporting. It is 125 cartridges at least which you need to set off with and it’s unlikely you will be near your car at any stage. 

Back