Ian Coley shooting ground ( first visit)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad dog

Hi, just a little review of my first visit to Ian Coleys shooting ground. 

Plus points.

Fantastic set up what ever type of target you want to shoot it’s covered 

No [ No birds ] traps work faultlessly 

ground was spotless 

fantastic choice of guns in gun shop 

Negative points.

Very expensive, to shoot & gun prices 

gun shop staff not very helpful or friendly 

The ground is very impressive & well worth a visit, would I return YES but would not bother to go into the gun shop which is a big shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only been there once, constant trap failures and the staff were generally clueless. A real shame because I agree, the ground looks nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
40p a clay? Wish EJC were that cheap for practice.. Really adds up on claymate. I get that the ground must recoup costs for their high overheads, so 45p for clays you shoot at isn’t mental, but somehow all the clays you use to see what’s on shouldn’t be that dear. I remember A1 shooting ground 12 years ago used to be £30 for 100 clays, but the card had 120 on it so you could see a pair at each stand. 

Hi Jan

You must have been really unlucky I shoot there regularly, the targets are changed regularly and I have never had more than a handful of no birds.

Bob

Hi, just a little review of my first visit to Ian Coleys shooting ground. 

Plus points.

Fantastic set up what ever type of target you want to shoot it’s covered 

No [ No birds ] traps work faultlessly 

ground was spotless 

fantastic choice of guns in gun shop 

Negative points.

Very expensive, to shoot & gun prices 

gun shop staff not very helpful or friendly 

The ground is very impressive & well worth a visit, would I return YES but would not bother to go into the gun shop which is a big shame.

Don't visit anywhere near as much as I used too, lots of changes last few years and none for the better (that's in my opinion mind), will though query your "very expensive to shoot" as looking on a like for like against the similar local shooting school type grounds (five others looked at) Coleys is competitive. Shooting schools, these being full time opening 5/6/7 days a week are not going to be able to price as low as part-time grounds.

Shot there recently for the first time in 5-6 years.

Found the ground as good as ever, everything works, nice targets,  spotlessly clean.

And had a lovely time in the shop - spent over an hour in there chatting about stocks etc. no pressure sale just a good chat.

Sorry you didn’t enjoy it

Price wise - they’ve never been at the cheap end from memory, I found it just like the other grounds they’d align themselves to (EJ Churchill etc)

Latest posts

Back