Tri guns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehb102

I just finished a conversation with someone struggling at getting the sight picture back after lots of changes and I mentioned tri guns (is that the spelling?) I know Julian at AGL has one as that was where I had my gun fitted for the final time. Bruce Marks, BASC coach in Peterborough has a sxs one. Where else and who else has a tri gun please? 

I just finished a conversation with someone struggling at getting the sight picture back after lots of changes and I mentioned tri guns (is that the spelling?) I know Julian at AGL has one as that was where I had my gun fitted for the final time. Bruce Marks, BASC coach in Peterborough has a sxs one. Where else and who else has a tri gun please? 
Try guns (for trying, for fit dimensions) are at every decent gun shop that does gun fitting. So near me that’s EJC, West London, but I’m sure others too.

Thank you for a reply that I found rather squashing. Out here in the provinces such things are much rarer. One might as well travel to Doveridge as EJ Churchill, similar time and less London traffic. We obviously don't have what counts as a decent gun shop within an hour of where I live. I shall call a couple to check in case I am wrong. 

I'm still interested in hearing of any other recommendations of coaches or grounds where such a service is available. 

Thank you for a reply that I found rather squashing. Out here in the provinces such things are much rarer. One might as well travel to Doveridge as EJ Churchill, similar time and less London traffic. We obviously don't have what counts as a decent gun shop within an hour of where I live. I shall call a couple to check in case I am wrong. 

I'm still interested in hearing of any other recommendations of coaches or grounds where such a service is available. 
Sorry, squashing not intended and I didn’t realise you were in Middle Earth 😀

Last edited by a moderator:
Get ben husthwaite to set it up and then shoot it for a while with how hes set it and if youre happy then you can go to the next step.

Sorry, squashing not intended and I didn’t realise you were in Middle Earth 😀
Feels like it sometimes with you London centric chaps! 

Get ben husthwaite to set it up and then shoot it for a while with how hes set it and if youre happy then you can go to the next step.
That might be appropriate if you were talking to a beginner or intermediate sporting gun. It doesn't apply when it's a seasoned competitor who has physically changed and is adjusting the gun to compensate.

I think the OP means a gun that allows a fitter to change every shape, size, and angle so that the shooter gets measurements from where he can either have a custom stock made or (try to) find a gun with a stock that suits his dimensions. Not much to be set-up about a fixed stock gun if you are squeamish about using a saw and file and don't like the look of neoprene and duct tape 😂

I think the OP means a gun that allows a fitter to change every shape, size, and angle so that the shooter gets measurements from where he can either have a custom stock made or (try to) find a gun with a stock that suits his dimensions. Not much to be set-up about a fixed stock gun if you are squeamish about using a saw and file and don't like the look of neoprene and duct tape 😂
That's the thing. I got my gun fit settled using one, jolly useful when in the right hands. I wish they'd publicize them more. 

Orston have a fully adjustable gun for gunfit, or they did have a few months ago. Might be worth a message to check it they see anywhere near you. With regards to someone to set it up there would be Daniel Martin the owner or Nick Hendrick works out of there quite a bit.

Coleys ( Cheltenham ) have I believe two, the latest being a Kreighoff which appears to my untrained eye all bits n bobs & bendy bits which can be moulded to any number of sizes. 

I am sure that Elderkins can accomodate you ehb, H&H have a number of Try Guns , Coley's have at least 4 and as been said most good gunshops probably have one .  Go to a gunshop that also has a shooting facility , do not rely upon someone with their self opinionated ideas and a roll of tape and a piece of cardboard.

I should have added " Where would you like me to fit the gun to? As you have now mounted it in four different places so far ."

Before you have a gun altered for fit you need to be able to mount it correctly . NOT as shown in many Youtube videos .

I am sure that Elderkins can accomodate you ehb, H&H have a number of Try Guns , Coley's have at least 4 and as been said most good gunshops probably have one .  Go to a gunshop that also has a shooting facility , do not rely upon someone with their self opinionated ideas and a roll of tape and a piece of cardboard.

I should have added " Where would you like me to fit the gun to? As you have now mounted it in four different places so far ."

Before you have a gun altered for fit you need to be able to mount it correctly . NOT as shown in many Youtube videos .
Out of curiosity, what's the difference?

Scotty,

If you don't know the difference , you will be wasting your money on a gunfit!

Scotty,

If you don't know the difference , you will be wasting your money on a gunfit!
I'm not paying for one. I'm just curious on what all the youtubers get wrong. You've made quite a sweeping statement so if you have information everyone else doesn't I'd like to know.

I'm a self professed newbie. So if you can save me and anyone else reading from making bad habits I don't know why you wouldn't.

Lucy Cantwell at Oxford Shooting School said she could bring a try gun out to the range of choice if it were mid week. So that's helpful. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back