Yildiz trigger

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Hi folks, sorry for yet another question!

I'm interested in a yildiz pro sporter. The only real negative feedback I've heard about them is they have a spongy, creepy trigger. Is this something that a gunsmith can have a word with and crispen up or is it inherent to the construction of the action?

Many thanks again.

If the Yildiz is a good Perazzi copy then the answer is almost certainly yes. The bottom pivot hammers with a minimum moving parts and short sear actuator movement are the best layout for crisp, light triggers. Perazzi, Zoli, Gamba, Kemen and even Arramberi all have outstanding triggers.

Maybe look on YouTube for some test reports  ?
Perhaps it's just my inexperience in knowing what to search for, but all the videos I was able to find that even mention the trigger just say that it's an issue, although nothing more than any other guns in a similar price bracket. Any search gunsmithing related invariably returns results for American gunsmithing educational organisations!

I'll try again and see if there are any before and after reports on this specifically.

Cheers.

i think lloyd pattison  reviewed one ? 
He did, he called it "creepy" but nothing more than the competition. He said it might be something to have a gunsmith take a look at but didn't indicate what they might be able to do.

Cheers though.

I think you will struggle to find the information you are after. They wont have been sold in large enough numbers or about long enough for people to be fine tuning the triggers as yet, if they ever do. The volume of guns that have their triggers tuned is incredibly small, most just shoot them as they come out the box.

I never notice trigger pulls in the heat of shooting as it were even the difference between a dt10 and a 303 auto, but dry on snap caps there is a monumental difference but some people can tell and it will put them off, interesting my best score was with the 303 🤔

You know when I've taken the first shot, absorbed the recoil and then onto the on report fast second clay, it's never entered my mind 'this trigger feels a bit creepy' and to be honest I've never felt that on the first shot either

Now smallbore target shooting, that's another matter 😆

I never notice trigger pulls in the heat of shooting as it were even the difference between a dt10 and a 303 auto, but dry on snap caps there is a monumental difference but some people can tell and it will put them off, interesting my best score was with the 303 🤔
YOU and one hell of a lot of others  !

son shoots yildiz pro sport triggers are ok nothing to worry about not on par with hes dt11 great gun for the money

he kept the yildiz pro black never thought about p/x or selling it   -  it causes a lot of interest on clay shoots most want to pick it up good gun 

Latest posts

Back