Speeds.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robden

Where can I find what the speed of the clays should be, for the different trap disciplines?

TIA.

Try looking here 

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/search?q=radar#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=radar&gsc.page=1

"A Guide to Target Distance and Target Speed

Discipline Discipline Target Distance Approximate Target Speed

Olympic Trap                        76m +/- 1m           (83yd +/- 1yd)

Double Trap                          55m +/- 1m           (60yd +/- 1yd)

ABT Trap                                75m +/- 1m           (82yd +/-1yd)                       (56mph +/-1pmh)

DTL                                         45.72m to 50.3m (50yd to 55yd)                      (42mph +/-1mph)

Olympic Skeet                      65m to 67m          (71yd to 73yd)                      (High 53mph Low 54mph +/- 1mph)

National Skeet                      50m to 52m          (54.7yd to 56.9yd)               (High 43mph Low 44mph +/- 1mph)

Trap discipline measurements taken from Front of Trap House.

Skeet discipline measurements taken from Exit window of High and Low House

Three shooting grounds have been independently checked by board members, confirming compliance with the correct target distance for the Trap and Skeet disciplines the speed measured related to the guide details.

From 1st April 2012 the Standard practice for grounds is a target as set out in the discipline rules.

The three grounds checked by the board, already use a Speed Gun as a target measurement set up tool.

Bill Jones"

Try looking here 

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/search?q=radar#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=radar&gsc.page=1

"A Guide to Target Distance and Target Speed

Discipline Discipline Target Distance Approximate Target Speed

Olympic Trap                        76m +/- 1m           (83yd +/- 1yd)

Double Trap                          55m +/- 1m           (60yd +/- 1yd)

ABT Trap                                75m +/- 1m           (82yd +/-1yd)                       (56mph +/-1pmh)

DTL                                         45.72m to 50.3m (50yd to 55yd)                      (42mph +/-1mph)

Olympic Skeet                      65m to 67m          (71yd to 73yd)                      (High 53mph Low 54mph +/- 1mph)

National Skeet                      50m to 52m          (54.7yd to 56.9yd)               (High 43mph Low 44mph +/- 1mph)

Trap discipline measurements taken from Front of Trap House.

Skeet discipline measurements taken from Exit window of High and Low House

Three shooting grounds have been independently checked by board members, confirming compliance with the correct target distance for the Trap and Skeet disciplines the speed measured related to the guide details.

From 1st April 2012 the Standard practice for grounds is a target as set out in the discipline rules.

The three grounds checked by the board, already use a Speed Gun as a target measurement set up tool.

Bill Jones"
Thanks timps.

Just to clarify, the first column is the distance each clay should travel measured from the trap exit. I was doing the math on target speeds of 65 - 67 m/s, and that adds up to over 240km/h. That would make for very challenging disciplines indeed, but the mp/h stated in the third column is the correct speed at which the clays exit the trap. 87 km/h (54 mp/h) is much more manageable :) I wasn't aware of the speed difference between national / sporting skeet and Olympic skeet, which seems quite a lot. My club doesn't change the target speed (from OS), we can only adjust or switch off the release-timer. 

Interesting. For some reason I always thought OT was faster than ABT seems they are just about the same.

Also no mention of UT , is that also the same

Interesting. For some reason I always thought OT was faster than ABT seems they are just about the same.

Also no mention of UT , is that also the same
I think they must be some old rules. For a while they were pretty much the same. However they slowed ABT up a few years ago to 70m I think. PHILR will know the details. 

I think they must be some old rules. For a while they were pretty much the same. However they slowed ABT up a few years ago to 70m I think. PHILR will know the details. 
ABT target distance was reduced to 70m +/-1m a few years ago. The distance setting is taken with the trap set to zero degrees and to throw a target 2m high at 10m from the trap House and the speed is taken at the 10m distance.

All 15 OT traps are set to throw targets to 76m +/- 1m distance irrespective of the height/ angles specified in the 9 ISSF schemes.

The ten FITASC UT schemes have varying heights, angles and distances from 60 to 75m +/- 5m.

Latest posts

Back