Gun cabinet / safe, tall enough for 32” shotgun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankh

Can anyone recommend a reasonable price gun safe ? I want to store a 32” barrel shotgun in one piece, I like the ultimate safe but for some reason they and many other safes seem to come with a totally useless ammo box built in that reduces usable height, why do they do it ? Probably get about 200 cartridges in at a push. Any ideas ? I don’t want to pay more than £200 if poss.

Just get a second hand one where the matey can give you measurements beforehand, it'll be fine. I got a Buffalo River 3 gun one for about 40 notes.

Edit: I have a 32" B525 with extended shims in the buttpad to take it well beyond normal length cos I'm 6'3", btw.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but where's good to look for second hand safes? Other than on here obviously. Is Ebay alright?

I’ve just read this thread and the OP said he liked the Ultimate Safe .  In  2020 I needed a larger  safe  but as my house was going up for sale , I figured I’d buy a cheapish extra safe and then get a single bigger and better unit when I’d moved . I bought  by mail order the “ Ultimate Safe 5 gun cabinet for about £130 . Police Approved my bottom ! . Absolute flimsy Chinese crap and as delivered I could have pried the door open in about 15 seconds with a decent bar . The internal ammo cabinet would take about  5 seconds with my bare hands  . The never defeated triple blade lock begged the question , ‘never defeated  by who ? ‘ perhaps next doors 5 year old might struggle .  Honestly I couldn’t have slept with real guns in that cabinet .  It ended up with just airguns in it after a  cabinet shuffle round , I left it in the house when I moved  . 

With respect to buying second hand gun safes , search eBay for Brattonsound , you won’t go wrong with one of those . 

Back