Who the blinkin' flip distributes Browning / Miroku in the uk?!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Spavo

Sure someone on here mentioned it recently, but can't find it for love nor money. Isn't BWM Arms anymore I don't think, as their website appears defunct, but I just can't find anything online? Any ideas?

The director (also working for Browning International) still has it mentioned on his LinkedIn page, so I guess it’s still BWM Arms.

I believe BwM arms ltd are still the uk distributor, they are still trading on Companies House anyway. Good luck on speaking with them though as they usually only deal with the trade, all communication usually has to go through your purchasing dealer. Best of luck.

Yes , second Jonny’s comments , the most unhelpful people I’ve ever ‘phoned . The lack of a website doesn’t mean much , Browning is believe owned by FN in Belgium and the products will be on the Browning.eu website . 

Yes good products, crap customer service in the UK.Show up at shows/open days and that's about it.

But saying that they weren't at the last two I've been too, Ian Coley being the last one

Hmmm, strange. I spoke to what could only have been BWM judging by what you're all saying a few years ago when I first got my 525 and the guy there was incredibly helpful and sent summat out free of charge. Possibly how times change?!

No very helpful at the shows, but no help with getting spares whatsoever, never reply to emails and direct you to dealers for spares, who don't have any due to supply issues.

Well they may have saved me some cash though as I ended up polishing the pitting out of the firing pin to get the gun shooting again anyhow

It strikes me (pun intended) as not very sound business on the part of Browning not having a webshop where parts can be ordered. Having to rely on distributors and dealers for parts is problematic in terms of the time it takes to fulfill (end-)customer needs and while it costs the customer more, it doesn't earn the manufacturer as much as direct sales would. Probably why the aftersales and stocking spares isn't high on anyone's itinerary at Browning. For that reason I'd be hesitant to buy one: Having a firing pin or a bead-sight go through a chain of three to five companies before its on my doormat isn't very appealing. It probably isn't profitable for the dealer either, unless there's a solid mark-up at your expense. 

It may be that the dealer contracts prohibit Browning from direct sales to end-users, but if that is the case, why aren't the dealers able to ensure quick turn-around on standard parts? I order my parts straight from Italy and am much happier not having to wait for a dealer to follow up on < 30 quid transactions. And I'll make the joke before anyone else does: "Yeah, but that's because Italian guns need spare parts". 

And I'll make the joke before anyone else does: "Yeah, but that's because Italian guns need spare parts". 
Some of them even sell complete spare trigger groups…
That shows how much confidence they have in their own products 😉🤣

Latest posts

Back