shotkam

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know nuffin about sporting targets but why did you not shoot at any of those targets while they were rising ? It seemed to me that you had them ready to kill but chose not to shoot the target and waited until it started to fall.

Nope. I don't really like the idea of hanging a weight under my barrels for one. Second is that if I need to go home first, download images and then rewatch those, I doubt the educational value as opposed to say, a fairly proficient mate looking over my shoulder. If you are focussing on a single clay where you can remember whether to increase or decrease the lead and position height-wise next time you shoot it, I could see the benefit. If you are just watching various clays be broken (or not) with no clear idea of distance and what you were doing as opposed to what you should be doing next time round, not so much. Also because the image up front doesn't show why you might be shooting over the top of various clays or over-leading L-R crossers and trailing R-L crossers... Adjusting lead might help you hit a single clay, but if you don't correct other potential causes such as an inconsistent mount or a poor alignment over the rib of your gun, its not going to do wonders. For my money, shooting with someone who can help me improve is the better investment. 

Definitely stuff there you can learn from if you know what to do to correct  the issues you can see in the video.

I like the IDEA of the shotkam, I'm pretty sure I could learn why I'm missing some of my targets where it's not immediately obvious on the day. I'd definitely buy one if cost was no issue

One problem is that you are not allowed to use them in REG competitions

I don't know nuffin about sporting targets but why did you not shoot at any of those targets while they were rising ? It seemed to me that you had them ready to kill but chose not to shoot the target and waited until it started to fall.
and two weeks later

View attachment SHOT0012.MP4

View attachment SHOT0008.MP4

View attachment SHOT0008.MP4

View attachment SHOT0010.MP4

brin said:

View attachment SHOT0012.MP4

I agree with Luke for the most part. Specially about the extra weight on the barrels. Since skeet is my game missing has more to do with a wrong move than with lead etc. I think a cam that would film the person would be of more value. I will spend my money on coaching. 

One exception. At this one place there is a driven bird that drops dead about 40 yards in front of you. I was never able to kill that properly until someone who could showed me their shotkam footage of killing that clay.

One exception. At this one place there is a driven bird that drops dead about 40 yards in front of you. I was never able to kill that properly until someone who could showed me their shotkam footage of killing that clay.
Case in point. Useful for a single clay you remember well, and where you can adjust accordingly. To each his own of course, but I much prefer the instant feedback and mocking derision of a fellow shooter telling me that I am still not applying enough lead 😄

what's the actual weight of these, like any trainning aid it could help you no doubt.

Not going to replace a decent coach, but maybe more reliable than a lot of the so called coaches who stand behind saying do xyz etc thats why yor missing 😁, they mean well but 🥴

I do not like these things one bit and personally believe that they should be banned from shooting grounds  !   Just imagine if everyone had access to these things, it would make shooters like me redundant overnight. After all, WHO would believe me when I tell them in all seriousness,  "YER BEHIND IT".  It would totally ruin my Sunday morning enjoyment.     🙄

what's the actual weight of these, like any trainning aid it could help you no doubt.

Not going to replace a decent coach, but maybe more reliable than a lot of the so called coaches who stand behind saying do xyz etc thats why yor missing 😁, they mean well but 🥴
couple of ounces you cannot tell you have it on

couple of ounces you cannot tell you have it on
Not sure about that, if i put a couple of ounces on the end of my barrel I'd definitely know it.

edit:but again probably soon get used to it, just wondering if shooting with one on training then off for comp's would mess up my control (or in my case lack of it😄)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not like these things one bit and personally believe that they should be banned from shooting grounds  !   Just imagine if everyone had access to these things, it would make shooters like me redundant overnight. After all, WHO would believe me when I tell them in all seriousness,  "YER BEHIND IT".  It would totally ruin my Sunday morning enjoyment.     🙄
I thought you would be sick of people telling you missed it behind by now ? 🤣 

Back