Range Bag Recommendations

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andilicious

Morning all,

I’m on the lookout for a new bag to keep all my gear in chokes, tools, spares etc. I’ll be leaving it in the boot of the car when I’m at the ground as I like to just carry my cartridge bag and not lug everything about with me. 

Looking for some suggestions and pics if you have them as I’m not sure on what I see online vs what they are like in real life. 

Cheers

Andy

Wild Hare bag is excellent. It’s light with many compartments and that all important drink holder. I take it with me and it has everything in it, so maybe not what you want. Personally, I can’t see the logic in not doing it this way, as only the cartridges are heavy and you’re taking them anyway.

Bit different here as I don't get to take a bag out onto the grounds themselves (part of the policy of club-bought carts only), so I just chuck everything a small north-face bag that I've had for ages. It keeps everything dry which is important here (as I imagine it is in the UK). Different boxes and bags keep items sorted, it's not much to begin with: Earmuffs, Pilla case, a box of assorted bits, drivers and other small tools, a box of chokes, sunscreen, small towel and a spare sweater and jacket for when its cold and/or wet. Small booklet for the paperwork, and a snack or two but thats' it. On the grounds I carry a toolcarrier that the club provides, which can hold a bunch of carts, a drink and everything else I'd need. 

If and where I do get to take cartridges out I can just about squeeze in ten boxes in the range bag (on top of everything else) if I stuff it. I don't use a separate cartridge bag. Personally I find that most of the 'shooting specific bags' are overpriced, but to each his own.    

I quite like the look of this one, has anyone got one of these?

View attachment 8698
I have!! Two large side pockets for chokes, gloves, tools etc 

Main compartment is quite large and I hold my square castellani glasses box (upright) easily 125 carts and a bottle of water!! More shells of you wish too double stack them.

Moved up from a musto bag which I thought was limited on space!

I have!! Two large side pockets for chokes, gloves, tools etc 

Main compartment is quite large and I hold my square castellani glasses box (upright) easily 125 carts and a bottle of water!! More shells of you wish too double stack them.

Moved up from a musto bag which I thought was limited on space!
Nice one. Good to hear real world feedback! 
I will give it till next week and see if there is any better looking suggestions. If not I’ll snap one up. 

If appearances and /or brand image aren't crucial issues you could do worse than a Metabo toolbag. Loadsa room, strong, solid bottom with feet, rainproof, 3 external pockets, 3 internal plus a velcro bottle holder. About £20 on the bay.

Decathlon do one at sensible money.

It has all the compartments and will hold a slab,if you can carry it.which i cant🙄 i really rate mine

I quite like the look of this one, has anyone got one of these?

View attachment 8698
I had one very similar to this that I purchased from Chris Potter Guns, it was perfect and not expensive. It wasn’t Laksen, and came in several colours but it done everything I wanted/needed it to do. I gave it away to a young lad that had just started shooting to get him going and he loved it, I ended up buying a much more expensive one for myself! 

I had one very similar to this that I purchased from Chris Potter Guns, it was perfect and not expensive. It wasn’t Laksen, and came in several colours but it done everything I wanted/needed it to do. I gave it away to a young lad that had just started shooting to get him going and he loved it, I ended up buying a much more expensive one for myself! 
Bonart?

Mate, anything that suits your fancy will do, don't get swayed by names unless you want to. I use a brown Converse satchel bag that someone gave me for nothing ages ago, just cos they were getting rid cos it had a small rip in one bit. It normally carries 150 carts (although could easily do more), glasses & case, cap, large water bottle, pens, tools, jacket if I want to lug one around, other guff, it's plenty big enough. Looks like the one attached.

Anyway, just pick what fits and go blast some stuff. :)

c292e02d-9fd3-416f-ae34-2de1ebe0d0e3-image.jpg

Over here 'cross the big pond, the Wild Hare Tournament bag is by far the most popular.  Of course, with the proliferation of golf carts, speed buggies, and stretched side by sides (all of which I detest on a clays course), you see less bags and more "racks of stuff on the cart."  I think most folks would be well pleased with the Wild Hare bag.  

Latest posts

Back