Browning Xs Pro Exquisite Stock Bolt

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andilicious

Hi

I have a 2 week old one of the above. I was 40 clays into a round today and the stock came loose. In total I am at 240 cartridges through it. 

Has anyone had this before? Is it something to be expected? The amount of money it cost I can’t believe this should happen. 

I'd put it down as just one of those things. Probably not tightened up properly during manufacture.

Tighten it with a large screw driver (if it's the same as mine) and chances are it will never happen again.

PM.

as above never had a problem with my xs pro .
Same here. The only issue that I have is that a small pin wants to come out of the fore end. But some lock tite has solved that so far.

Has anyone had this before? Is it something to be expected? The amount of money it cost I can’t believe this should happen. 
Guns are just tools with moving parts, including screws, springs and nuts and bolts that are subjected to shock and vibrations. While it would be great if nothing ever came loose, I would say it is to be expected sooner or later. In your case it’s sooner, but tightening a stock bolt is an easy thing to do. 

I would count on having to do a bit of maintenance every so often, which may include checking various nuts and bolts for tightness. Loctite may alleviate that chore, but I wouldn’t use it on your stock bolt as most maintenance will require it’s removal. 

TLDR: just tighten the bolt yourself and don’t worry about it unless it keeps coming loose. 

I’ve had a look tonight and there didn’t appear to be any witness marks on the stock screw so I assume it was just never tightened up in the first place. 

All good now. 👍🏻

They can work loose.

Modern guns normally have a plastic grommet/washer thingy between the stock and bolt.

If it comes loose again do check it is not missing.

Also a little bit of loctite blue or ptfe tape will help keep it in (assuming the plastic grommet etc is there).

Latest posts

Back