Browning XS Pro Exquisite Original Chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andilicious

Hi

I have just bought this gun new and I cannot find any of the titanium chokes that come with it for sale anywhere. 
I'm wanting to put 2 X 3/8 in and forget about them while I settle in and put some carts through it but I’m struggling to find anything for sale!

Does anyone know where I can get them?

Cheers

Andy

I'm not sure how well you'll get on finding the titanium ones there are a pair of midas 3/8ths for sale in the shootbay section. I wanted an additional choke for my 20 bore from browning and ordered one through my dealer. After waiting 4 months i cancelled the order and bought a pair from teagues which were here in a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how well you'll get on finding the titanium ones there are a pair of midas 3/8ths for sale in the shootbay section. I wanted an additional choke for my 20 bore from browning and ordered one through my dealer. After waiting 4 months i cancelled the order and bought a pair from teagues which were here in a few days.
Fair enough. I thought I was struggling to see any on the internet! It would be nice to pair one more up with one I have at least. It came with 2 X Full chokes but they aren’t much use for me shooting sporting. 

I believe the invector plus titanium chokes were made by briley so a Google around that might help, I managed to get a 3/8 from Avalon guns years ago but went with the gun 

According to this packet there is a 3/8 LM Browning titanium choke available, Pt No 1133133. Finding one for sale.... that's a different issue. I went with  Briley 3/8 titanium for mine. Found it interesting that on the choke packet is also states "Not for use with steel shot", where the Ultra XS booklet states up to 1/2 choke they are.

browning choke.jpg

When I spoke to Browning, I was informed that they did not offer a 3/8 choke for Browning guns.

I recently em Browning if it is possible to use steel in the titanium chokes the only proviso is no more than half choke to be used I also asked  the teague rep at the world at Churchill’s with the same half choke maximum Brileys web site states titanium chokes should not be used with steel .

Hi guys if possible please give me clarification on the use of steel shot through browning titanium chokes as supplied with my ultra xs prestige and ultra xs pro.

The chokes are suitable for steel shot. The rule of thumb with steel shot, is to go down a constriction when using steel. For example, if you are looking to get a tight pattern, instead of using a Full choke you want to use a Modified or Improved Modified. The biggest issue with too tight of constriction with steel shot is a blown pattern. 

When I spoke to Browning, I was informed that they did not offer a 3/8 choke for Browning guns.
I don't think any Brownings come with 3/8 choke as standard, but they definitely do them. I brought some 3/8 Midas Browning chokes for my 525 SL from Derek Lee.

I don't think any Brownings come with 3/8 choke as standard, but they definitely do them. I brought some 3/8 Midas Browning chokes for my 525 SL from Derek Lee.
Trouble is, like many other gunshops he shows stock of every restriction bar the 3/8 size. Mine were ordered for me by Chris Potter, (not titainium though)special order from Briely in the USA as he's an agent for them in the UK

slightly off topic but the teague 3/8 work very well in brownings and not silly expensive, mind you 1/4 and 1/2 supplied work very well too and cost you nowt

I just bought the standard Briley 3/8 extended chokes, the weight difference being insignificant. I now shoot a ProSport which has DS chokes. Again, I can get Briley DS in 3/8, but they are not fitted with the brass ring, which is the whole purpose of the DS chokes, so I just use 1/4 in both going to 1/2 in both should the need arise. Again the difference between  3/8 and 1/2 is negligible and not worth worrying about. I have fitted the barrel weights on the ProSport about 6" from the muzzle which seems to work for me too.

It was Chris Potters that told me about Browning not doing a 3/8 choke, adding that Briley did.

Hi

I have just bought this gun new and I cannot find any of the titanium chokes that come with it for sale anywhere. 
I'm wanting to put 2 X 3/8 in and forget about them while I settle in and put some carts through it but I’m struggling to find anything for sale!

Does anyone know where I can get them?

Cheers

Andy
Just a thought, I didn't think the XS Pro Exquisite came with titainium chokes as standard just the standard Invector + Midas ones. The XS Pro sport comes with titainium as standard though

Edit: Mines the Exquisite 2 and has the standard Invector + Midas ones, so the first ones may have had them

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought the standard Briley 3/8 extended chokes, the weight difference being insignificant. I now shoot a ProSport which has DS chokes. Again, I can get Briley DS in 3/8, but they are not fitted with the brass ring, which is the whole purpose of the DS chokes, so I just use 1/4 in both going to 1/2 in both should the need arise. Again the difference between  3/8 and 1/2 is negligible and not worth worrying about. I have fitted the barrel weights on the ProSport about 6" from the muzzle which seems to work for me too.

It was Chris Potters that told me about Browning not doing a 3/8 choke, adding that Briley did.
Not convinced the brass ring actually makes any difference to how the choke performs in practice

Not convinced the brass ring actually makes any difference to how the choke performs in practice
It makes no difference at all to the choke performance, but it was never intended to, it's job is to stop any muck getting between the choke and the barrel, which in my experiance it does very well

It makes no difference at all to the choke performance, but it was never intended to, it's job is to stop any muck getting between the choke and the barrel, which in my experiance it does very well
Its interesting but still not convinced, I have owned a 725 for 6 years now and have put lots of cartridges through it with both browning DS (with the brass) and teague without the brass and i cannot see any noticeable difference, i remove the chokes after about 4 comps for a good clean and very little on either type.

Leave one of each in for 6 months without removing then see which ones the cleanest 😉

It DOES as far as staying clean is concerned. I take the chokes out after around 10 outings and using Cheddite cartridges, they are spotless. A Briley choke without the ring thing was filthy. I just use a thin film of Lucas red gun oil on the threads, as I have done for years, and never had a stuck choke yet.

Latest posts

Back