A ray of hope shines brightly at the end of every dark day .

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

I have just received an email from my friend Tom Fiumarello of Excel Sporting Clays in New York .

I thought some of you may wish to hear his news ?

" Want you to know something.  As you know I had two dogs with Cancer.  Both now are doing well, but we have a University in NY Called Cornell College of Veterinary Science.  Known throughout the country.  Tough cases can be referred to them from  your vet.  They have a satellite center near me.  Took both my dogs there.  Met a wonderful Onchologist there, absolute sweetheart.  In doing research about Canine Cancer there is not much out there, though there are people doing research, and one place is Cornell.  Decided to organize a shoot.  Worked my ass off for a month getting prizes, donations, you name it.  The grounds I call my home helped me a lot, and yesterday we raised over $31,000 for Cornell Canine Research.  The most humbling thing I  have ever done in my life.  Every shooter I know was there.  Almost every student for now and years back.  People I did not know called me with donations.  Connecticut Shotgun Company  gave me a $5000 gun to raffle, after I asked to "buy" one because I did not want to ask them because they had given me one in the past.  I can't tell you how many people stepped up to the plate because they knew it was important to me.  I shows what you do good for people comes back to  you.  Maybe not today, but it will.    It was beyond belief.................I want you to know simply because you are one of those special people that has taught me a lot and I know hearing this might make you walk a little taller today, (not that  that is possible when you are as tall as Yoda) becausewhat you did made a difference in me, and now maybe in the dogs we love.  Can't thank you enough."
Tom

The reference to Yoda is that is what he calls me as his Mentor and shooting Guru , but also a mickey take about my lack of height.🤣 

Amazing news, well done to all involved. Huge achievement, just shows that most people are of a giving nature. 

Latest posts

Back