That was hard !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa2512

Well, i'm not going to pussyfoot around.

First shoot since 2019,  and it was painfull

Started off with an opener of Skeet,  managed the first going away, but failed on the secondary incoming .    - miserably too  !

From there on it it was woeful, with most of the singles being missed,   forget the pairs  that was just punishment. 

forgetting the trap sequence didn't help either . 

Then it was some Compak,  i excelled there :) 1 ex 25  a stunning display of where not to put the lead! 

Then some solo traps,    a mixed bag, some crosser's eluded me, (not enough lead), and others i was nailing the pairs  ( go figure) 

Then it was back to the Skeet to get rid of the last of the open box.  

This time i manged to nail the pair on trap 1  called correctly & randomised (because we could) 

Things i learnt, 

My gun is incredibly heavy ;)  ,  i cant  mount consistently,  and  as before can't read targets more than 30 feet away 

(unless its blatantly obvious, and telegraphed 3 weeks in advance)

Oh and i have some nice marks on my shoulder 

But it was great fun :)

:santa:

I’m not going to pretend it was that bad for me but I’d slowed down Going shooting significantly before C19 and it’s a struggle to get back to “normal”.  I’m still not going as much as I used to.  I’m surviving by having very low expectations! 

I’m surviving by having very low expectations! 
Welcome to the rest of us 😅

At least in skeet it is always either the light, the background, the wind, the noise, the time of day, the contents of one’s lunchbox, or any one of many causes other than the shooter. At least that’s what the lads at the range keep saying 😇

I have found that since getting back to somewhere near normal, the red cartridges are the best.☺️

Well, i'm not going to pussyfoot around.

First shoot since 2019,  and it was painfull

Started off with an opener of Skeet,  managed the first going away, but failed on the secondary incoming .    - miserably too  !

From there on it it was woeful, with most of the singles being missed,   forget the pairs  that was just punishment. 

forgetting the trap sequence didn't help either . 

Then it was some Compak,  i excelled there :) 1 ex 25  a stunning display of where not to put the lead! 

Then some solo traps,    a mixed bag, some crosser's eluded me, (not enough lead), and others i was nailing the pairs  ( go figure) 

Then it was back to the Skeet to get rid of the last of the open box.  

This time i manged to nail the pair on trap 1  called correctly & randomised (because we could) 

Things i learnt, 

My gun is incredibly heavy ;)  ,  i cant  mount consistently,  and  as before can't read targets more than 30 feet away 

(unless its blatantly obvious, and telegraphed 3 weeks in advance)

Oh and i have some nice marks on my shoulder 

But it was great fun :)

:santa:
It’s probably all down to you not rotating your cartridges in the chamber. As any trap shooter will tell you, you’ll not hit a thing unless the shot’s the right way round.

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s probably all down to you not rotating your cartridges in the chamber. As any trap shooter will tell you, you’ll not hit a thing unless the shot’s the right way round.

View attachment 8696
This applies in most disciplines. What gets me though, is that the order and orientation varies between sporting, trap and skeet. The other day I was shooting a very poor round of skeet, until I noticed that I was turning the "Clever" marking upside down in the bottom barrel, and to read as normal in the top. Of course that would be perfect for sporting, but exactly opposite of what it should be for skeet. Not very Clever at all !

Latest posts

Back