Cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill.rosa

Hi all

I have just been told by one of the grounds where I buy my cartridges that they’re is a shortage of cartridges at the moment due to component shortages have any of you found this to so or is this another scare story on top of the recent price increases to make go out and stock up on more cartridges.

best regards

Bill

I was at EJ Churchill on Friday, and they were out of their HellFire cartridges. They said the manufacture could not get hold of the propellant powder at present due to shortages in the supply chain. My local gunsmith provides my usual Hull cartridges and he’s been told they have run out of some types as well. It does seem to be true - try googling ammunition shortage 2021 and you can find more info.

I think buying next years cartridges now would be a wise move if possible. It's been mentioned by several suppliers that there could well be yet another price rise in the autumn.

It has to have an effect on the sport these constant increases.

PM.

For those of you that do not know there has been a shortage of building materials all year, first it was plaster board then cement, and now its timber ! if you look at your local B&Q they have no flat pack kitchens ? so a shortage of cartridges is not a one off....Brexit or Covid ? plus prices have shot up by 20%

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that do not know there has been a shortage of building materials all year, first it was plaster board then cement, and now its timber ! if you look at your local B&Q they have no flat pack kitchens ? so a shortage of cartridges is not a one off....Brexit or Covid ? plus prices have shot up by 20%
We work in ground works and quotes are only valid for a matter of days at the minute. Steel reinforcement has gone up 300% due to lack of supply and profiteering, cement is all going to HS2, timber is all going to America as they are bidding silly money for it and its gone up about 100% to date. Plastic and glass in short supply, some materials delayed in the suez canal. Labour and skills shortages. Welfare problems because of covid restrictions. All in all its been a tough 18 months in construction, hoping that some of the price rises have flattened our now. Constant price rises means severely increased office work as well, having to ring round to check all material costs to price every job is a real pain.

Glad I've just got a boring old scaffold board 525 which didn't cost much and I'll get back what it cost me If this keeps happening to a silly level. 
If as a result of constant price rises and lack of supplies causes a lot of people to give up shooting then i am afraid you may find that yours along with many others will be greatly devalued.

Latest posts

Back