DIY Bywell

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve204me

Having very much enjoyed Lloyd's video of the comp at Bywell,

(We have only been shooting clays for a little over a year, and that curtailed by the demon C-19. However, we enjoy ourselves, which is what the sport should be about, in my opinion.)
Not quite Bywell, but,did we enjoy ourselves this morning!
We based our layout using eight traps, shooting from one stand.

Singles: 1-8 in numerical order. Full use of gun.
OR Pairs: 1+2, 3+4, 5+6, 7+8. Choice of first clay of each pair.
Sims: 1+2, 3+4, 5+6, 7+8 Choice of first clay of each pair.

Our layout.
SPORTRAP-1-LAYOUT-040821.jpg

Trap 1, up on the bank at one o'clock position. 52yds from the stand.
HIGHSIDE-TRAPHOUSE-040821.jpg

Trap 7 is also in the same trap house, low down, throwing R-L.
The blue container with the open door, houses a looper trap, No.5, throwing R-L.
No.2 is right, and slightly behind the stand.
LOW-PRACTICE-TRAPHOUSE-040821.jpg

The Rabbit trap, No.3, is in the green container.
RABBIT-TRAPHOUSE-040821.jpg

Up the track, is No.4 , in the blue container. At the top of the track, out of sight, is No.8 trap, mounted on a 10 mtr. cherry picker.
No.6 trap is a looper L-R, behind the wee mound on the left of the picture.

We both shot it four times, and it was great fun. So much so, that we have now decided to give ourselves more options by including another two traps into the mix. That, together with being able to move the stand position, should keep us happy for a while.

Steve.

Having very much enjoyed Lloyd's video of the comp at Bywell,

(We have only been shooting clays for a little over a year, and that curtailed by the demon C-19. However, we enjoy ourselves, which is what the sport should be about, in my opinion.)
Not quite Bywell, but,did we enjoy ourselves this morning!
We based our layout using eight traps, shooting from one stand.

Singles: 1-8 in numerical order. Full use of gun.
OR Pairs: 1+2, 3+4, 5+6, 7+8. Choice of first clay of each pair.
Sims: 1+2, 3+4, 5+6, 7+8 Choice of first clay of each pair.

Our layout.

Trap 1, up on the bank at one o'clock position. 52yds from the stand.

Trap 7 is also in the same trap house, low down, throwing R-L.
The blue container with the open door, houses a looper trap, No.5, throwing R-L.
No.2 is right, and slightly behind the stand.

The Rabbit trap, No.3, is in the green container.

Up the track, is No.4 , in the blue container. At the top of the track, out of sight, is No.8 trap, mounted on a 10 mtr. cherry picker.
No.6 trap is a looper L-R, behind the wee mound on the left of the picture.

We both shot it four times, and it was great fun. So much so, that we have now decided to give ourselves more options by including another two traps into the mix. That, together with being able to move the stand position, should keep us happy for a while.

Steve.

That looks a nice place.is it a club or your own place?

I do like a local club.our has 5 stand,including a rabbit. Ungortunately the positions are fixed but its ok and there is always a friendly face to talk to

The speed round is what sorts the men from the boys like...
Well, I did try, Lloyd. 🤣

Sadly, The Boss had a wee problem with operating two controls, and counting to four. 😀 After three attempts, and getting wrong birds, I gave up the idea.

We did include two additional traps, for ten in total. Maximum score possible, 165. I managed a 124, with misses on 6, 7,  and 9,singles. 🤔Then missed one on report pairs, and one on sims. 

We moved a couple of the trap houses today, so have decided to try them tomorrow. 😃

Steve.

Latest posts

Back