Anybody Shoot RC Cartridges?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordieboy

My current supplier of shells stocks RC's.  I've not shot them, except at game and they were fantastic in my mk38.  

I see they have quite a range of shells.  RC4 EXCELLENCE; RC4 HYPERFAST; RC4 EXCELLENCE "THE ONE"

Currently, the Pro-ONE is the shell I'll be shooting based on how it shoots and the pattern density.  But I am throwing RC into the mix here too.

Thoughts everyone?

Avoid RC4’s in all their guises. Much too punchy and jolly expensive if you’re paying full price.

RC2’s are a nice load with manageable recoil. RC3’s are nice too if you can find them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't comment on RC4. Lakeside (Wymeswold) have just gone fibre and having turned up with plastic was obliged to buy 250 fibre RC2. They were Ok but at £65 for the slab certainly not worth the money compared to Gamebore EVO or Powerblue.

We shoot RC2 in plastic wad size 8 for our everyday clay shooting, size 6 for pigeon,  also have the fibres in 7.5 and 9.5 and they are all excellent. I wouldn’t change if someone paid me to shoot anything else!  We brought a slab of RC4s but have only shot a couple of boxes, we didn’t like them, felt a bit punchy so we have loads spare if anyone fancies buying them off us!

Can't comment on RC4. Lakeside (Wymeswold) have just gone fibre and having turned up with plastic was obliged to buy 250 fibre RC2. They were Ok but at £65 for the slab certainly not worth the money compared to Gamebore EVO or Powerblue.
Never come across fibre RC2 but £65 would seem steep, plastic about £53 round my way

My current supplier of shells stocks RC's.  I've not shot them, except at game and they were fantastic in my mk38.  

I see they have quite a range of shells.  RC4 EXCELLENCE; RC4 HYPERFAST; RC4 EXCELLENCE "THE ONE"

Currently, the Pro-ONE is the shell I'll be shooting based on how it shoots and the pattern density.  But I am throwing RC into the mix here too.

Thoughts everyone?
I love RCs. I don't find them punchy, quite the opposite, but I am not a trap shooter of Jan's standing. I use RCs across the board, game and clays, when I can get them. My RC4s are my confidence boosters. Usually I shoot the cheaper RC2s. 

Latest posts

Back