mk38 A'La Tim Greenwood

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordieboy

So then, Mr Greenwood has done work for me previously and I was seriously impressed.

This time I am Seriously impressed more.  I have had a Std MK38 Grade 5 adjusted to fit me.  Adjustable trigger and the grip modified and the forend slimmed down and refinished, the only way he can do it.

Boy Oh Boy am I impressed.  Gun fit is perfect.  Recoil is gone.  All shells shoot the same through this now.  I love this gun. So much so my need for a B25 B2G has completely gone.

Put simply, the pictures don't do his work justice.....  NUF SED

mk38-1.jpg

mk38-2.jpg

mk38-3.jpg

mk38-4.jpg

Tim is first class, he done all our gun work when he lived in Kent and was always perfect. Never anything to complain about. Gun looks great. 

fabulous work and finish , what I like is its not very noticably differant from stock/standard but actually is hugely !  thanks for posting the pics ,appreciated.

What is a ballpark cost for work like this?
So for slimming down the forend, reshaping the handgrip, rechequering both, fitting a new recoil pad and then putting his bloody amazing finish on to it, you are looking around £500-600.

I also had an adjustable trigger, serviced it, and then had the chokes matched to just under Light Full both barrels so that added a bit too.

I recently sold my Perazzi HPX.  That gun fit me.  I shot it okay'ish.  But this gun is a different league in feel, shootability and looks.  All in all the gun including what I paid for it cost me around £2600.  I've bought another and will do the same with it.  Find me a custom made to fit gun that looks and feels like this for under £12,000 if you can.  It was a no-brainer for me

Tim (and daughter)'s work is outstanding - over the last lockdown period they reworked my Perazzi HPX extensively - similar re-profiling of the grip with the ebony extension so I could hold the thing properly, bizarrely it was the acquisition of a 32" non-adjustable Blaser F3 Vantage that just fitted perfectly that highlighted what a poor fit the HPX was, disappointing as it was made for me from new.

I took the Blaser (Tim isn't a fan of the F3) and the Perazzi to him and we had a gun-fitting session to understand why I had consistently better scores with the German tool, the stock mods were in the £650 area and like yours Steve it is truly beautiful, instant 15% increase in score averages too.  

Latest posts

Back