Vario

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve204me

Anyone using the Vario Novos, and can give their opinion, please?

Steve.

Be patient - Forum is quiet.

What I can say is their customer service is legendary.

I am about to order Revolution 6 because I do the full range of shooting types and recognise quality when I see it. Cost divided up over several year will work out at about 1 pheasant a year or a round of clays.

Go on Pigeon Watch - lots of reviews on there.

Be patient - Forum is quiet.

What I can say is their customer service is legendary.

I am about to order Revolution 6 because I do the full range of shooting types and recognise quality when I see it. Cost divided up over several year will work out at about 1 pheasant a year or a round of clays.

Go on Pigeon Watch - lots of reviews on there.
SWMBO has a set of Revolution 3, in use for just over twelve months, and she loves them. The Vario customer service was excellent, I must say.

Steve.

They are at EJC for the worlds, so if you’re there they will allow you to take a set out and try I would’ve thought as my friend did that at Barbury for the English Open, he brought them! They have a 30 day returns policy if you buy and don’t like them.  Personally I didn’t get on with them, they are comfortable for sure and when the gun goes off you hear nothing but I could still hear all the chatter going on in the background which I found distracting. 

I asked a question on their  website last Sunday, expecting a reply sometime the following week and I got a phone call that Sunday afternoon!

I’ve got a set of revo 4’s.. had them a year now and am about to get them reprogrammed/ fine tuned

I asked a question on their  website last Sunday, expecting a reply sometime the following week and I got a phone call that Sunday afternoon!

I’ve got a set of revo 4’s.. had them a year now and am about to get them reprogrammed/ fine tuned
Why do you feel you need to have them reprogrammed?

They are at EJC for the worlds, so if you’re there they will allow you to take a set out and try I would’ve thought as my friend did that at Barbury for the English Open, he brought them! They have a 30 day returns policy if you buy and don’t like them.  Personally I didn’t get on with them, they are comfortable for sure and when the gun goes off you hear nothing but I could still hear all the chatter going on in the background which I found distracting. 
Was it the Novos that you tried, Donna?

Steve.

Why do you feel you need to have them reprogrammed?
I’ve just started practical shotgun and although I’ve been shooting for some time there is a lot of training (or re training if you like !!) and although the Varios are performing well I would like to hear a little more speech than any of the current settings give. 
It could well do with my age or the fact I have worked all my life in the music industry so may well have lost a few frequencies in my hearing. 
but after chatting to the very helpful chap at Varios he recommended  I get an audio gram of my hearing and then they can fine tune my set to suit my needs better. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it the Novos that you tried, Donna?

Steve.
Yes it was, I find it hard to not hear people talking around me when shooting and I found wearing them I could hear the hubby and friends saying things like “she’s shooting them well (or not) 😂 etc” and it broke my concentration. Down to me I know but I just find the moulds I’ve had made block all that out for me, but as I said, very comfortable and well made. 

It is fortunate that you have bought the only brand that have the technology inbuilt to allow this to be done - Jason at Vario is the top man and he carries out this process himself. Can't really ask for more.

It is fortunate that you have bought the only brand that have the technology inbuilt to allow this to be done - Jason at Vario is the top man and he carries out this process himself. Can't really ask for more.
Yup ! I agree. My hearing test is on Friday then armed with the results will chat again with Jason and see what can be done. But after an initial chat with him on Sunday he doesn’t see it as any problem at all to tweak then to suit me. 

Yup ! I agree. My hearing test is on Friday then armed with the results will chat again with Jason and see what can be done. But after an initial chat with him on Sunday he doesn’t see it as any problem at all to tweak then to suit me. 

I hope it goes well for you and you get the result you require.

Gamekeeper mode on the Revo 6 would give you the enhancement you require perhaps.

Yes it was, I find it hard to not hear people talking around me when shooting and I found wearing them I could hear the hubby and friends saying things like “she’s shooting them well (or not) 😂 etc” and it broke my concentration. Down to me I know but I just find the moulds I’ve had made block all that out for me, but as I said, very comfortable and well made. 
I ordered a pair of Novo, and they arrived this morning.

These are the enhanced version, as my poor hearing needs a wee bit of help. 😉 They are, as you say, comfortable, and the amplification seems OK for me. The Boss tried them, and thought them loud, but she has good hearing to start with.

I shall be putting them to the test tomorrow.

Steve. 

Being deaf has it's advantages then  ?

There was a chap on here a while ago that was asking about digital, in the ear plugs. I gave him my experience of owning Cens and their complete lack of Customer Service. I had been looking at the Vario plugs to replace my now obsolete Cens digitals. I had spoken with a couple of guys that used them and they had nothing but praise for the item. Coupled with the BASC discount, it made an excellent package. I was also impressed by their after sales service. However, the guy from the Forum ordered the top of the range all singin an dancin plugs. He had to arrange to get the moulds made and Vario sent him a voucher towards that cost. I was about to order when he informed me his had to be returned to have an upgrade carried out. I waited for the outcome. The last PM I had from him, he had returned the Vario's for a full refund, which came without quibble. He has now ordered the Cens top of the range plugs. Having been a victim of Cens after sales service, I decided to continue with the cans that I use. I then met a guy who had electronic plugs by Custom Fit Guards and was very pleased with them. I searched on that Tube thingy and there they were. With the discount offered, the cost would be £366 and they would come to my home to take the mould immpressions. I ordered them.  They took a little longer that expected to arrive, but when they came I found them excellent quality and very comfortable to fit and use, especially for prolonged periods. The one minor setback FOR ME, was that being deaf I needed the volume turning up a bit from the standard level. I contacted the Company and was told that they could fit their 'Ghetto Blaster' speakers at no extra charge, if I sent them back. This I did and I am now awaiting their return, having been 'fettled'. I know that they are at the Game Fair at Ragley Hall this weekend, so I am hoping my plugs will be back by next weekend. So far the service from the Company has been excellent, 30 days money back trial and 12 months money back warranty. Maybe not as good as the Vario warranty, but they do seem an excellent product. 

Latest posts

Back