World championship scores 2021

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shot the red course this am. Definitely a few issues with wind and occasionally sun. A bit of irritating rain. I think the best time will be an afternoon slot on Thursday..

I found it a good varied course with nothing daft on it. I’m really cross with myself for missing four rabbits today which I really don’t struggle with usually. Just tension. Finished on 81. I did only miss one of the very long R-L on stand 6. The delay between shot and break was massive.

Cleaned my wellies ready to muddy them up again tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you both today Donna and Will.  
Great to see you and Tony too.  Seems like it’s been forever!  Enjoyed the course, (red) didn’t shoot well but nothing wrong with the targets.  Very muddy and nearly ended up on my backside several times.  If I had to complain about something it was that the bar on the front of the stands was fairly high for us shorties and I felt awkward holding the gun.  It only took me to get to stand 13 before I realised what the problem was and I then stood back further away from it which was better. As Will said, a bit of everything with the weather today, it ran well, if anything we were about half hour early starting and didn’t get held up at all as I don’t think all the squads were full.  I need tomorrow to get the negative thoughts regarding my glasses, my dads illness and worrying about  leaving the dog at home (neighbours looking after her) out of my head and just shoot!  Looking forward to the sport trap in the afternoon though. 
Might try the ice cream tomorrow!

Great to see you and Tony too.  Seems like it’s been forever!  Enjoyed the course, (red) didn’t shoot well but nothing wrong with the targets.  Very muddy and nearly ended up on my backside several times.  If I had to complain about something it was that the bar on the front of the stands was fairly high for us shorties and I felt awkward holding the gun.  It only took me to get to stand 13 before I realised what the problem was and I then stood back further away from it which was better. As Will said, a bit of everything with the weather today, it ran well, if anything we were about half hour early starting and didn’t get held up at all as I don’t think all the squads were full.  I need tomorrow to get the negative thoughts regarding my glasses, my dads illness and worrying about  leaving the dog at home (neighbours looking after her) out of my head and just shoot!  Looking forward to the sport trap in the afternoon though. 
Might try the ice cream tomorrow!
Donna I can recommend the strawberry one.  I didn’t like chocolate truffle though.  I’ didn’t shoot the Sportrap well but I enjoyed it and I would say it’s a fairly friendly course.  

What's the criteria for the worlds for making the super final, is it just the top 6 or 8 scores etc from the first 200? Also Is the super final started from scratch or added to the first ex200 score?

What's the criteria for the worlds for making the super final, is it just the top 6 or 8 scores etc from the first 200? Also Is the super final started from scratch or added to the first ex200 score?
The Events:

The World English Sporting

A 200-target shoot shot over two days (either 6-7 July, 8-9 July, 10-11 July). There will be a 25-target Super Final, where the top six shooters (shoot-offs in case of ties) will compete for the title.

Second day today for me. Shot the Gamebore Blue course and no rain!

Another very good set up and I felt it was same hardness as Red course. As usual, a few personal frustrations including shooting stand 5 badly, whizzing past 4 quartering birds. Missed last pair on 10 when a quad bike roared past me. I did actually stop and wait but it totally threw me off rhythm. Should learn to deal with that stuff better. Also missed several last birds, just trying too hard. Finished on 86, so 167 for the total. 

We also shot STR but what a mistake to do it same day. The sporting was a big walk and concentration was all used up. Totally drained and couldn’t do STR justice. Was actually better in second 50, finished on 82. Just wish I’d booked it for tomorrow instead. 

Re the sport trap Will, we shot it today too but we left a few hours between finishing sporting and the sport trap so managed something to eat and felt a bit rested but was really tired mentally and physically afterwards. 
Totally agree, both good courses but for anyone else shooting it, the Gamebore course has a LOT of walking in between the stands and a lot of the stands are on an incline. Still fairly muddy and despite on the website stating there are water stations dotted around the courses, there are none! The water is on the mini buses taking you down to the layouts which we didn’t find out until we had done both days and was on the way to the sport trap. Shot better today so was pleased with that and the weather stayed kind to us.  
Agree with Sian, the ice creams were worth having, especially the coconut one! 

Re the sport trap Will, we shot it today too but we left a few hours between finishing sporting and the sport trap so managed something to eat and felt a bit rested but was really tired mentally and physically afterwards. 
Totally agree, both good courses but for anyone else shooting it, the Gamebore course has a LOT of walking in between the stands and a lot of the stands are on an incline. Still fairly muddy and despite on the website stating there are water stations dotted around the courses, there are none! The water is on the mini buses taking you down to the layouts which we didn’t find out until we had done both days and was on the way to the sport trap. Shot better today so was pleased with that and the weather stayed kind to us.  
Agree with Sian, the ice creams were worth having, especially the coconut one! 
Yes, my bad, not booking it further apart on the day. We were rushed. Agree, water and toilets are needed half way round! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot the red course yesterday hit 81 and got a couple of soakings. Shot the blue today and hit 84 pleased to hit all but one of the long midis but not so happy about missing 4 on the stand with the white going away behind a tree and an orange going away.

Two very fair courses I thought, nothing looked too tricky and no real eyesight challenges, a few stands slightly affected by wind variation, very enjoyable even if you shot poorly

Latest posts

Back