Miruku mc 60 with Teague multi chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill.rosa

I would like to buy the above gun but am concerned that the handling will not be as good as the fixed choke gun

I would like to buy the above gun but am concerned that the handling will not be as good as the fixed choke gun
As that’s a statement rather than a question, the only advice I can give is probably best not buy one then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed choke,factory chocked or after market choke I dont know what all the fuss is about because I can never tell the difference. 

My choice would always be a multi choke for the added flexibility it offers.

As I understand it MK70 is the multi-choked at the factory gun . The MK60 is a fixed choke gun that comes as 3/4 and Full as standard ( I may be wrong but that’s what I understand )  . That’s certainly how my MK60 was delivered ( 20g) . I had the Teague thin wall conversion on this and a 38 trap gun . You can’t tell the guns have  been multichoked either visually or in handling , before v after . 

My Miroku MK60 (2020 model) has 1/4 U and 3/4 O fixed chokes. I would buy a MK70 with multichokes if you need the flexibility

I replied in your other thread about this exact point.

No, A Teague thinwall choke conversion with flush chokes will not affect the handling. I shot an MK60 for 6 months before having it converted, so this is real 1st hand experience not hearsay. I will though throw in the comment that in my opinion, an MK60 with barrels less than 32" is too light up front and a bit more weight at the muzzles with say extended chokes would improve the balance and handling.

Stock heavy guns with very light barrels feel great when you're starting out on clays, but IMO their inherent instability means they lose their appeal as you learn the different shooting methods. 

Standard fixed choking on Browning game / Sporting guns has been 1/4 3/4 for years. Adding Teague chokes will  not noticably affect  the balance as metal  is removed only  to be replaced by the choke tube. Personally  no a fan of MK60 or 70 as when  I've  handled them in the past they have  been  too low in the comb for my taste, but everyone's different!

Thanks everyone for your comments I have decided not to go ahead with buying the mk60 as a part exchange deal involving my left handed Berra with a fitted Combe raiser make me to much out of pocket .

again many thanks

Bill

Standard fixed choking on Browning game / Sporting guns has been 1/4 3/4 for years. Adding Teague chokes will  not noticably affect  the balance as metal  is removed only  to be replaced by the choke tube. Personally  no a fan of MK60 or 70 as when  I've  handled them in the past they have  been  too low in the comb for my taste, but everyone's different!

And you are certainly different 🤣😂😅 Max  

Latest posts

Back